The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a small crack (~ 1/4 inch) on the left side of the windshield.
Is it possible to fix it somehow, special glue or something ?

Insurance told me that if a crack is on the left side, they dont
fix it but replace the windshield. In this case it will cost me $250
deductable.

Is it possible to find lower price I pay by myself ?

Or I should go with insurance ? Or may be I should forget
about it and drive untill crack becomes really big ?

(Car is Altima 93.)

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it if it isn't that bad but I just cracked mine really bad so i'm gonna prolly get one from nissan, that is if they can find one from a junkyard that isn't broken

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
I had a little chip and maybe a 1/4" crack.. insurance referred me to a company called Novus (who said they originated the procedure to fix cracks).

they came out, and in 30 minutes fixed the windshield.. they drilled abit, inserted some liquid, and used a UV light to bake it..

I'd wonder why the InsCo said they would replace the glass if the crack is on the left side.. I'd worry more about the right side since the passenger airbag uses the glass as a brace for support.

either way, the lady that fixed my glass said something like that would be about $40-60 to replace and most folks just do it out of pocket...

look in the yellow pages for Glass AND OR Glass repair or Window repair... they gave me a lifetime warranty...

ps. they said they could fix easily anything up to a dollar bill in length.

·
10,373 Posts
** for educational use only, i do not hold any responsibility to your actions **

If you don't want to pay for it at all, go on a highway, get behind a dump truck. Follow it to it's yard and bitch and moan that a rock came out of the truck and hit yoru windshield. 99% of the time they'll pay for it. It has worked for a friend of mine 4 times. The only reason i didn't do that when my windshield was cracked was because insurance took care of it. Goodluck!

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
Chris said:
** for educational use only, i do not hold any responsibility to your actions **

If you don't want to pay for it at all, go on a highway, get behind a dump truck. Follow it to it's yard and bitch and moan that a rock came out of the truck and hit yoru windshield. 99% of the time they'll pay for it. It has worked for a friend of mine 4 times. The only reason i didn't do that when my windshield was cracked was because insurance took care of it. Goodluck!
hmmm........:D

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
get a dab of oil and smear it over the crack. this will at least prevent it from getting bigger until you do find out what you want to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts