The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have a 2003 2.5l , 170,000 miles

So my car had a knocking noise due to having a bad rod bearing, so I decided to replace the crank cause there was no way to fix the journal. I got everything apart, took out the old crankshaft and put a new one in. I also deleted the balance shaft. Then put the engine back together, I tried starting the car, something pope like a missfire, but it never started. I tried again, and again, engine is turning but don't want to start? ??????

I am suspecting that I have forgotten a ground wire laying around some where, does any one have a diagram for the ground wire??

Or can't even be anything else??????

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
It s weekend time , guess that you ll need to be a little patient mate .

I would try to get the ground diagram online .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Hahahaha, that's exactly my point, weekend! I got the manual for the engine ground wire, It seem ok on that. I am getting the codes p0225,p0125, p0335. Crank sensor, tps petal sensor and coolant sensor!!

The car was running before so I don't see why the crank sensor would go bad, unless if there is something else associated with that code

One more thing while I was replacing the axil to the transmission I broke a connector that is right on too of it. It seems like a coolant sensor but not sure if it would cause the car not to start

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a video on YouTube called something like "Why your Altima won't start even with a jump" that tells about a problem with the battery cable and a set of fuses that are right there... I fixed my car doing this (starter motor turning, but engine not catching). I cleaned and tightened up the badly corroded battery cable while I waited for a new one to be delivered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts