The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I put my WAI on, my car has gotten shittier and so on. When I turn the car on and start to accelreate, the car seems like it's hesitating or not getting enough air or gas to go. Now my check engine light is on. I replaced the oxygen sensor about 5 months ago, so it can't be that. I reset the ECU this morning and the light is still on, same with the shitty acceleration.

Will someone help, no car mechanic will look at my car without troubleshooting and charging me money, so this is my last resort.
Thanks guys!
Joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the air temp sensor is snuck in behind the filter, where it should be. Yeah, sometimes when I turn the car on my O/D light does flash. What does this mean??

Thanks for your help by the way
Joe

·
7,727 Posts
AltimaLow said:
Yeah, the air temp sensor is snuck in behind the filter, where it should be. Yeah, sometimes when I turn the car on my O/D light does flash. What does this mean??

Thanks for your help by the way
Joe
it means that there is something is wrong with the car. Count how many long flashes there are and then the short flashes. If you have a haynes manual check it up against that. It should give you a general idea of what is wrong. It's possible the air temp sensor is mounted correctly or it could be something totally different.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would this affect the way the car runs if the air temp sensor is placed wrong? Anyway, yeah I'll get a haynes manual tomorrow and check it out. Thanks for the help and if anybody has anymore info on this, I would appreciate it! Thanks
Joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How are you supposed to mount it? I just snuck it in between the adaptor and the filter. It's not mounted to something, it just hangs in there
Joe

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what about drilling into the side of the cone filter, not the part where the actual filter, but the plastic ring that faces towards the MAS.

How did you drill into the metal?
Joe

·
I OWN XTC,An XTC OWNZ U
962 Posts
i dunno if this applies, but in the stilen instale guid for the WAI it clearly states is u do not propely instale it senor and the intake it self u can cause ur ecu to become pemenatly damaged.

Shri

1 - 11 of 11 Posts