The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dyno'd my Automatic 3.5 today, it was hot, 100+ inside the garage, and I came in with the following.

Max HP 199.7
Max TQ 210.3

I'm dissapointed.

·
Kingpin
122 Posts
I'm guessing those #'s r with the intake/exhaust........how many miles r on your ride

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On a side note an Acura 3.2 type S, pulled 197 horses.

That car is rated at 260HP by Honda.

If I was to use that as an example, 24.2% loss. If I applied the same math... (I know it isn't scientific) I'd have 248HP at the crank.

Still low.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
02SilverSE said:
I'm guessing those #'s r with the intake/exhaust........how many miles r on your ride
Yes CAI and Exhaust.... 3700 miles.

·
1,357 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
Dyno'd my Automatic 3.5 today, it was hot, 100+ inside the garage, and I came in with the following.

Max HP 199.7
Max TQ 210.3

I'm dissapointed.
WTF??? Either nissan is lying about the hp or something went wrong with the dyno. That's a 17% loss even with your mods. Somethings not right.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just for the sake of curiosity, what brand dyno was it. I've heard that Mustang dyno's are usually lower than a dynojet.
Not to mention that temperature is not good for making power either.
Try and dyno another time and see what you come up with. I don't think you should be too disappointed just yet.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Miah said:
You're just stting there hitting F5 aren't ya? :p :D
Totally. Watching Cheaters on UPN, good episode, busted this chick in bed with another guy.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
luv2race said:
Just for the sake of curiosity, what brand dyno was it. I've heard that Mustang dyno's are usually lower than a dynojet.
Not to mention that temperature is not good for making power either.
Try and dyno another time and see what you come up with. I don't think you should be too disappointed just yet.
Dynojet, floor mounted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:

Totally. Watching Cheaters on UPN, good episode, busted this chick in bed with another guy.
Damn, thats a great show. Too bad they only have it on the west coast, my friend spent some time with his sister in california and taped a couple episodes, we had some fun watching them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Can you scan your print out and post it. I want to compare it to mine to see if anything looks obviously wrong.

Also, were the results SAE corrected? If they were than the temperature does not matter because the dyno computer would have factored this in.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Man, that sucks, after reading your post i finally got around to ordering the exhaust friday...soo..overall, would you say you like the exhaust, or no?

·
Registered
79 Posts
try in 4th gear next time ... you need to have as close to a 1:1 as possible, and 4th is .95 (I think) .... I'll bet that if you do a 4th gear pull you should come out about 210HP and about 230 TQ or better once it's SAE corrected .... JMO :)

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
slowride said:
Man, that sucks, after reading your post i finally got around to ordering the exhaust friday...soo..overall, would you say you like the exhaust, or no?
Love the exhaust, just what I was looking for... Looks good and sounds sweet.

Here is a pre-dyno pic.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Redbird99 said:
try in 4th gear next time ... you need to have as close to a 1:1 as possible, and 4th is .95 (I think) .... I'll bet that if you do a 4th gear pull you should come out about 210HP and about 230 TQ or better once it's SAE corrected .... JMO :)
Here is the dyno run.

·
Registered
79 Posts
yeah ... i'd say DEFINITELY do the next one in 4th ... and start it at about 2500, not 3500 ... I think you'll do pretty good then :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.