The Nissan Club banner

Crappy Dyno Results

4K views 44 replies 19 participants last post by  softballbryan 
#1 ·
Dyno'd my Automatic 3.5 today, it was hot, 100+ inside the garage, and I came in with the following.

Max HP 199.7
Max TQ 210.3

I'm dissapointed.

#2 ·
I'm guessing those #'s r with the intake/exhaust........how many miles r on your ride

#3 ·
On a side note an Acura 3.2 type S, pulled 197 horses.

That car is rated at 260HP by Honda.

If I was to use that as an example, 24.2% loss. If I applied the same math... (I know it isn't scientific) I'd have 248HP at the crank.

Still low.

#4 ·
02SilverSE said:
I'm guessing those #'s r with the intake/exhaust........how many miles r on your ride
Yes CAI and Exhaust.... 3700 miles.

#10 ·
Just for the sake of curiosity, what brand dyno was it. I've heard that Mustang dyno's are usually lower than a dynojet.
Not to mention that temperature is not good for making power either.
Try and dyno another time and see what you come up with. I don't think you should be too disappointed just yet.

#11 ·
Miah said:
You're just stting there hitting F5 aren't ya? :p :D
Totally. Watching Cheaters on UPN, good episode, busted this chick in bed with another guy.

#12 ·
luv2race said:
Just for the sake of curiosity, what brand dyno was it. I've heard that Mustang dyno's are usually lower than a dynojet.
Not to mention that temperature is not good for making power either.
Try and dyno another time and see what you come up with. I don't think you should be too disappointed just yet.
Dynojet, floor mounted.

#15 ·
Man, that sucks, after reading your post i finally got around to ordering the exhaust friday...soo..overall, would you say you like the exhaust, or no?

#17 ·
try in 4th gear next time ... you need to have as close to a 1:1 as possible, and 4th is .95 (I think) .... I'll bet that if you do a 4th gear pull you should come out about 210HP and about 230 TQ or better once it's SAE corrected .... JMO :)

#18 ·
slowride said:
Man, that sucks, after reading your post i finally got around to ordering the exhaust friday...soo..overall, would you say you like the exhaust, or no?
Love the exhaust, just what I was looking for... Looks good and sounds sweet.

Here is a pre-dyno pic.

#19 ·
Redbird99 said:
try in 4th gear next time ... you need to have as close to a 1:1 as possible, and 4th is .95 (I think) .... I'll bet that if you do a 4th gear pull you should come out about 210HP and about 230 TQ or better once it's SAE corrected .... JMO :)
Here is the dyno run.

#20 ·
yeah ... i'd say DEFINITELY do the next one in 4th ... and start it at about 2500, not 3500 ... I think you'll do pretty good then :)

#23 · (Edited)
3rd gear pull...

Something definitely had to be wrong... Maxima guys with the same VQ engine and intake and exhaust get like around 215WHP 231TQ. I would think they would get a little more TQ with an exhaust than stock... Anyway - those numbers do seem incredibly low even with the intake/exhaust - and with it being hot I'd think they'd be maybe a little higher than stock still or right around stock..

I did a 3RD gear dyno run when I first got my car and got 200HP/216TQ - 3RD gear run . After all this time I still have not yet made it back to the shop to run another dyno after racking up 5000+ miles. Now I am at 8000 - geez. I'll get it done soon. I wanted to see if I got any closer to RedBird99's fantastic numbers...

#25 · (Edited)
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
Dyno'd my Automatic 3.5 today, it was hot, 100+ inside the garage, and I came in with the following.

Max HP 199.7
Max TQ 210.3

I'm dissapointed.
I was the one who had my Acura Dynoed this Saturday at Texas Jam that he mentioned. And got 197 hp, 182.9 Tq. It was very hot in the garage and so was the car. But still, I wasn't very impressed with the loss. 2k2 auto Maximas are dynoing 195s.....

I also wanted to mention I waited till 2pm to run that Altima that dynoed 199 at the shop, and he never showed I guess till way later. Anyways, with those mods, that isn't good results. My stock 2k1 5spd max did 184hp...

Autos suck! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.