The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Domestic Attitude
232 Posts
Alright now i'm confused a little bit here!:confused: Is this a joke that you guys are pulling on us here?? I replied to one of his questions but now I see that there is a question for everything that has to do with even the commen sense stuff! Stuff that kids in 5th grade even know already!! Nobody has ever asked me a question like this in my life!!:eek: Is this for real or not?

I hope it's a joke cause if not then I will look pretty mean .:embarasse

Very, very sorry if this isn't a joke.:angel1:

·
Simple Pleasures C.C.
3,227 Posts
crimp on connectors are the ring terminals and spade terminals and quick connects that you put on the end of your wires. The crimper actually compresses the connector to the wire so that it holds.

Compresses isnt the right word but its the easiest way I can think of to describe it.

·
Registered
288 Posts
a crimp cap/connecteo/whatever just slides over a wire, or two ends of wire that have been twisted together and, when crimped, hopefully gives them a solid connection that won't come loose.

A crimper is a tool specially designed to work with the crimp connectors so that it gets the tightest crimp possible. You can also crimp something using needlenose pliars but the connection is usually not as easy to make solidly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts