The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
i run blogs.
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to gain lean mass, not exactly bulk up.

9:30am: Complex 24 Multivitamin
9:30am: 5g Glutamine
9:30am: 1 Cup of Kashi "Good Friends" w/ 2% Milk
9:30am: Egg Beaters & Meatless Breakfast Patty
10:30am: Whey Protein Shake w/ 2% milk
12:30pm: Package of Tuna
12:30pm: Snyders of Hanover Pretzels
3:30pm: Gardenburger patty w/ Fat Free Sour Cream
7:00pm: Grilled Salmon & Steamed Broccoli
7:45pm: Upper Body Workout
8:05pm: Whey Protein Shake w/ 2% milk

any suggestions?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks like there isn't much in the way of protein, carbs or fat in there.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
^^ u do realize thats per serving, 15 grms per serving, and there are like 2 servings in the can, so its over 30 actually.

system, how whats ur height/weight, look at the labels of what u are eating and add up the total protein

im usualley better at eyeing the content, but im not familiar with a a lot of those foods, but u mgiht wanna replace the pretzels with sumn with more nutrional value.

try yogurt, oatmeal,

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
yeah, i usually get the cans so im not sure about the pouches, so try and post the amount of protein in each item u eat.

when u say "shredded" , u mean like skinnt shredded, like pitt in fightclub, or u wanna be muscular but cut.

·
Get Off My Balls
1,600 Posts
Instead of egg beaters have egg whites. I would also throw in a protein shake before bed.

You can throw some carbs in maybe a potato or cup of rice

·
i run blogs.
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sixthman6 said:
yeah, i usually get the cans so im not sure about the pouches, so try and post the amount of protein in each item u eat.

when u say "shredded" , u mean like skinnt shredded, like pitt in fightclub, or u wanna be muscular but cut.
i'm pretty sure the puches have the exact amount of protein as the cans.

anyway, i meant shredded, like i want to see my 6pack without have to suck in. and yea, pitt in fightclub is definately a goal.

·
Get Off My Balls
1,600 Posts
^^ I'm sure he had nothing but the best trainers.

Just keep up what you're doing with some cardio. The diet you are on now does not seem that bad and you will see results if you keep it up.

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
pouches have the same protein % in a serving as a can yes, but it might have a different ammount of tuna in it, also, do you wanan get any bigger before showing a 6 pack? because you can just cut if you want if you dont wanna gain any extra mass with it, i personally would rather be huge and clean than be skinny and ripped

if you want to gain some mass before you get the ripped look you shouldnt run, if your fine with the size your at now sixthman can probably tell you the cutting phase

·
No Way is The Way -B. Lee
1,079 Posts
also i SERIOUSLY suggest you dont just workout upper body and workout your entire body, i saw some people with an unproportional bodies at bodybuilding.com, doesnt look good

whats your workout like, just to make sure u dont do the same mistake i did

·
i run blogs.
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Marc936 said:
also i SERIOUSLY suggest you dont just workout upper body and workout your entire body, i saw some people with an unproportional bodies at bodybuilding.com, doesnt look good

whats your workout like, just to make sure u dont do the same mistake i did
that work out was just for that day. i do upperbody on m/w/f

anyway...

I'll throw in a carb at dinner - baked potatoe or rice. i'll mix it up. also, maybe a bagel at breakfast.

also, i do 30minutes of cardio after breakfast around 9:50-10:20am.

and i'll stop buying egg beaters, i guess. they are kinda spendy anyways.

I already have alot of muscle in my arms, shoulders, upper back and upper chest, so im not exactly trying to gain in that area. I just really need to lose this fat that i just can't seem to get rid of.

anyway, thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
well umm, here's the thing. it is VERY hard to give advice like this over the net, we have no idea what u look like, ur bodyfat, workouts, nothing, we need numbers and figures, and pics if possible, other than that we can only give u vague stuff, like the 'ol "low reps/heavy weight for size, high reps/light weight to tone, etc, like beginners stuff.

there's so many thing to consider, and so many levels u can be at, if ur at the " huge/fat" level then a very simple change can change a lot, if ur already at an advanced level, then your changes to get better have to be more precisely calculated. we need more info, to give u detailed advice.

and marc , still waiting for ur pics !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts