The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ya'all have to understand the context of the event, but suffice it to say, I did something stoopid and cross-connected jumper cables while trying to jump my 2000 Altima...

A little bit of a back story is in order..

This car has always had a problem where the rotor doo-hickey inside the rotor cap would work itself loose and come off.. When this happens while driving, needless to say, it quits...

Normally, simply putting the doo-hickey back on fixes the problem... But when I did that, the battery was too dead to start so I used jumper cables from my wife's and started the fireworks show...

Car doesn't start now at all. Thinking maybe the rotor doo-hickey was bad (it did have a small crack in it) I bought a new one..

Car still won't start...

So, I am thinking I blew a fuse or something. All the fuses look good and the larger ones check out with a continuity tester..

I was told that there is a "in-line fuse bolted to the side of the engine well" or words to that effect..

Can't seem to locate it..

As to my expertise, I can disassemble laptops and TVs blindfolded, but car repair is like voodoo to me.. Hence the copious "doo-hickey" references...

Any hints, tips or advice would be most appreciated.. If it can be dumbed down.....

"If you dumb this down any more, I'm gonna punch you!"
-Lt Col John Shepard, STARGATE: ATLANTIS

:D

.... to the level of a knuckle-dragging ground pounder would be an added bonus...

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Loving the TV references... Check your positive battery cable...if the fusible links are right there at the terminal, great...if not, follow the big wire that doesn't go to your alternator. At some point it will hit a power distribution module and the fusible links will be somewhere between the battery and the first set of relays and fuses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Loving the TV references... Check your positive battery cable...if the fusible links are right there at the terminal, great...if not, follow the big wire that doesn't go to your alternator. At some point it will hit a power distribution module and the fusible links will be somewhere between the battery and the first set of relays and fuses.
Yea, I am a BIG fan of movie/TV quotes... :D

I'll check those wires out... Thanx...

Michale

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts