The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this thread is going to get moved, but i'm here to let all of you know if you don't know already that if you really want to find good prices on stereo equipment then don't go to cructhfield.com go to etronics.com, i bet that anything you find on cructhfield you'll find it on etronic for hundreds less. I've gotten all my car audio equipment i have nothing too complain about and the service there is quick. that thought i let you know.

·
ex-nissan owner
1,519 Posts
Omega Black said:
I know this thread is going to get moved, but i'm here to let all of you know if you don't know already that if you really want to find good prices on stereo equipment then don't go to cructhfield.com go to etronics.com, i bet that anything you find on cructhfield you'll find it on etronic for hundreds less. I've gotten all my car audio equipment i have nothing too complain about and the service there is quick. that thought i let you know.
I bought my AVIC-90DVD Pioneer DVD Based Navigation unit from etronics.com for I believe $1205.00... and that price is hundreds of dollars cheaper than anywhere, my bestfriend owns a local car audio shop and his cost on the unit was $1300.00 ETRONICS.COM is the best for any kinda of electronics!

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
A couple of points:

1. Crutchfield is more expensive than other places, but you get cheap-ass shipping (free on some things!), excellent pre- and post-sales customer support, and money-back guarantee with free return shipping (on most things). Even get free car stereo installation kits and diagrams. If none of that is important to you, shop elsewhere, but beware spending lots of money over the internet on stereo stuff because in most cases the warranty is void if you don't buy it from an authorized dealer. Note: I don't work for them, and the only thing I've bought from Crutchfield is my home speakers, and I did that in person at their single store.

2. If you know this is the wrong forum, don't friggen post it here and make me work. ;) If you wanted to get the word out about this, it'd make a lot more sense to post it in a more general forum.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah man, the reason crutchfield costs so much is because they are authorized dealers on everything they sell, and therefor you get a full factory warranty. I also don't work for crutchfield...and I don't buy from them anymore because I have little money. But I did buy a few things for my first system from them and the service was outstanding...they're probably the nicest people ever. In fact, I recently called them just to ask about some alpine products, even though I wasn't buying and I chatted with a guy for like 20 minutes and he was cool about it.

Anyhow, crutchfield is a good, honest way to buy stuff...at least they don't push pyramid and boss stuff on you like a brick & mortor shop might. Also, if you're looking for the best prices hands down, there are a couple options I've found. 1) Surf the various car audio website for sale boards...guys on there are usually selling plenty of brand new/hardly used stuff for dirt cheap, but it can be pretty risky. 2)ebay...best prices on new stuff hands down and many people are established with feedback so you can be comfortable with giving them money.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm here to chime in FOR Crutchfield. Yes, there are cheaper places. But you better hope you don't need to send anything back. And lots of the cheap places are gray market dealers where you won't know you have a problem until you have a warranty claim and get denied.

Crutchfield orders get to my house in 2 days (next day sometimes) and their sales people know their stuff (unlike lots of other places). To me, dealing with quality folks that back up their stuff is worth it.

·
AKA 6spdcoupe
307 Posts
I agree with the people FOR Crutchfield, although the prices arent the cheapest.....you get what you pay for. With them they are authorized for everything they sell, have been in the biz for a long time,great shipping,etc....Most important though is the Authorized part. If something goes wrong/breaks you have customer service as well as warranty if needed. Also, who are these online stores? Will they be there tomorrow? Will they get caught selling what they shouldnt and get closed down?

I do not work for Crutchfield as I own my own business, but as someone stated earlier his friend has a shop and is a dealer......well if he is a dealer and you can find it cheaper online, doesnt that tell you something about the online site? Wheres it coming from? Is it new? Warranty? Is it real? etc.....Obviously the online store isnt gonna say " yea its some sh!t we ripped off the back of a truck....

--Don

1 - 10 of 10 Posts