The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 altima 2.5s with 83k miles on it.
Just this week when I went to set the cruise control on the highway it would not set. I turn cruise on but as soon as I turn cruise on, the "set" light blinks and does not let me set the cruise. I use cruise control nearly every time I drive on the highway and this has never happened. I have tried it for a few days now and have always had that same blinking "set" problem that does not let me use the cruise control. Does any one have any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
From the Nissan Altima Owners Manual:

PRECAUTIONS ON CRUISE CONTROL

If the cruise control system malfunctions, it cancels automatically. The SET indicator light in the instrument panel then blinks to warn the driver.
If the SET indicator light blinks, turn the cruise control switch off and have the system checked by a NISSAN dealer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. I bought my nissan used from a hyundai dealer. Can I take my altima to any nissan dealer and have them look at this? Will I be charged?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
ok thanks. I bought my nissan used from a hyundai dealer. Can I take my altima to any nissan dealer and have them look at this? Will I be charged?

No, you can't take your Altima to just any Nissan dealer. You can only take your car to a Nissan dealer that advertises on TV, radio, and the newspapers. In your quest to find one, if you find one that advertises that "We will beat any deal by $100.00" or "We will pay off your loan regardless of what you owe!"...now you are on the right track. If you find a dealer that says "Open Sunday noon to close!", now you know they want your business.

I have an idea that just might work for you. Use your power to Google the words "Nissan dealer". When you find a local Nissan dealer, call that dealer, ask to speak to a person called a 'service advisor', and boldly ask him or her how much $$$, if any, it will cost you to have them "look at this". Who knows, since you bought your car used from a Hyundai dealer, they may give you a rebate for bringing your car to them for service. Ask about that perk when you call.

Your 2008 Altima with 83K is no longer under warranty from Nissan, except for the extended CVT warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts