The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok.. so i have seen these systems available on customaltima.com and in such magazines as D-Sport and such. i have no idea about them and have searched to find nothing.. can some one fill me in on how these work? better/worse than CAI? or can u use it WITH a CAI.. i dont really understand how that works.. any help would be apreciated.. peace

·
Registered
67 Posts
Since no one has replied to your post ill give it a shot. I know a little about it so someone please feel free to correct me if im wrong. It is a CO2 bottle that looks just like a nitrous bottle (kinda cool). You buy the kit and you have 3 options or you can do them all. They have something that goes in your intake piping and cools down the air flow. Yes it can work with a CAI but i think it restricts airflow. You can also have an adapter to cool off your fuel and i think it connects in the fuel rail. Then they have an intercooler sprayer with i beleive 2 different sizes and well....it sprays your intercooler to keep it cooler. I heard it works awesome with turbo applications. You wont feel anything like nitrous but im sure you do feel an affect. Go to the website, can't think of the address right now but its out there. It can tell you more. They compare it to you car running on a cold fall day. Bet this would work good in the vegas heat.

·
Hit and Runs Suck
2,692 Posts
Don't buy it. It places a unit IN your intake, thus restricting airflow. The only time you will notice a gain in power is when you flip the switch, thus gaining a few seconds of more power, due to everything being colder/denser. But, the second it's done, you are at less horsepower, seeing as how the device is blocking airflow in your intake. It's a good idea, but the product isn't worth it yet. Once they make an always on type of thing, then buy it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts