The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
have you guys seen those replacement bezels from Autometer for the Mustang, Civic, and Integra. It allows you to put 2 gauges of your choice in the bezel as opposed to putting them on a pillar, or elsewhere...?

well anyway, i decided to custom make one. I'm over puttin it on the pillar, or down by the ash tray. I'm gonna do a custom job with some Bondo and the OEM bezel.

Let me know if ya have any ideas of your own to assist me, but basically, here's my plan:

Make a mold of the outside of the gauge. Wrap it in wax paper, and bondo around it to get the "cup." Then, Mold it in to the upper left corner of the bezel, cuttin some away of both as needed. The molding will be the hardest part, but with some patience, it should be tight. Then sand it down smooth, and paint it.

What do ya think? I have an OEM bezel to work with in the mail, so when i get it, i figure it should take me at least a full weekend, then prolly most of that week, to make finishing touches. I'll give an update and final pics when done.

and who knows, if it comes out well, and isn't too much of a bitch, i could do some for you guys as well. I would need the original sent to me of course.

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Thats not a bad idea, i wuz wantin to do that since i cant get a replacement a pillar pod. But jus 1 question, how who u mount tha , or better yet where, cuz we got gas, and temp on both those sides where tha gauges would go. If u can make it work and its not to much trouble then go for , and mayb ill like wha i see. I SAY GO FOR IT , cant hurt to try.:D

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1fastaltima said:
Then, Mold it in to the upper left corner of the bezel...

upper left corner, there's nothing there but just enough space for a gauge. There's the E-Brake light, Hi Beam Light, and Seat Belt light, and i doubt those will get covered up

we'll see

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.