The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
CarAudio & Elect. Pro
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 Nissan Altima SE, which is of course a 2nd Gen. I would like to get an aftermarket exhaust system that looks and sounds awesome. I don't really want a sound like a Mustang or Camaro, and definitely not a sound like those Civics! I just want a nice deep sound that itsn't too loud, but noticeable. What are my options as far as muffler with tip. I would prefer stainless steel with a chrome finish. Also, money isn't the issue. I just would like all my options, then I will choose the one that best suits my need. Thanks. Oh, and if possible post some pics too.

·
Evil Member
374 Posts
i have the same muffler as erynn and what was said is correct, its not loud and obnoxious, its a nice deep sound, and if u think u might want it a lil louder just take off the resonator like i did and you'll like how it sounds, i promise, its all up to u

·
Registered
347 Posts
I too have a universal muffler w/ silencer and its a HP brand. I have mine w/ 2 1/4" piping and its sounds very good and deep. W/ the silencer off its very loud and too much deep sound.:angry4:

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
If money is not the issue, then your best bet is to get the GReddy catback for the 1st gen Altima. I've heard that it will fit on a 2nd gen with some minor modifications.

But if you do go for a custom setup, don't forget to go with a 2.25" mandrel bent tubing and a muffler with a straight through preforate core. And if you want to squeeze that last ounce of performance out of your exhaust, Nissanfreak made a good point and mentioned to replace the factory crush bent downpipe (the pipe between the pre-cat and main cat) with a mandrel bent piece.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.