The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5l s model and what's the best performance route I can take to get more low end and mid range torque? What I have now is DNA motoring race header stock mid cat and 2.5 inch straight pipe all the way back.resonator delete also. I don't care about it being to loud or cabin drone all I care about is torque #1 and hp too.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
I'm sure your neighbors love your loud car

what's the best performance route I can take to get more low end and mid range torque?
Nothing you can do without spending large sums of money to rebuild your engine to change the low end and mid range torque of your car.

There is no magic bullet.

·
Super Moderator
795 Posts
I have a 2005 Nissan Altima 2.5l s model and what's the best performance route I can take to get more low end and mid range torque? What I have now is DNA motoring race header stock mid cat and 2.5 inch straight pipe all the way back.resonator delete also. I don't care about it being to loud or cabin drone all I care about is torque #1 and hp too.
Did you get the DNA 4-2-1 full length header design; it produces more HP and low end torque then the "shorty" type. Get rid of that midway CAT. Run your 2.5 piping from your header all the way to the muffler.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you get the DNA 4-2-1 full length header design; it produces more HP and low end torque then the "shorty" type. Get rid of that midway CAT. Run your 2.5 piping from your header all the way to the muffler.
Yes,my DNA motoring header is 4 ta 1 and it's a full length one with cat delete and thanks for the advice I was planning on straight piping from header back to a high flow muffler instead of just all straight pipe cuz I do need a lil back pressure. What mufflers do you recommend? I want to stay away from straight through Cannon's. I prefer 1 or 2 chamber performance mufflers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts