The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's not really custom, I saw a member on this site, put a 94 accord lip on his altima, it looked good from the front, like it fit, couldn't really tell from the side shots he had whether it fit on the side though, Just wondering if anyone's ever tried putting a lip kit from a 94 or 95 accord on their alty and If there was any modding needed??

There like cheap cheap on ebay, 30 bux for the lip, mugen style

Not sure how strong these lips are coming from ebay, but for 30 bux, it beats the strada price and looks Kinda alike.

Thanks iN advance

·
1998 SE 5 speed
2,485 Posts
vid401t said:
OK, it's not really custom, I saw a member on this site, put a 94 accord lip on his altima, it looked good from the front, like it fit, couldn't really tell from the side shots he had whether it fit on the side though, Just wondering if anyone's ever tried putting a lip kit from a 94 or 95 accord on their alty and If there was any modding needed??

There like cheap cheap on ebay, 30 bux for the lip, mugen style

Not sure how strong these lips are coming from ebay, but for 30 bux, it beats the strada price and looks Kinda alike.

Thanks iN advance
$30 is cheap for a new Mugen style Accord lip but make sure you check the shipping price. A lot of times the seller scams you buy jacking up the shipping & handling cost to offset the cheaper listing price. I have seen one before selling for a $1 buy it now with something like $80 for the shipping & handling.

Those mugen style lips are normally made out of ABS plastic so it should be a lot stronger than the Strada lip. However, David at Strada posted while ago that they are making the lip thicker now so just stay away from used ones.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a stillen, don't really like the way it looks, tryin to see if there are other lips out there, other then kaminari, erebuni, strada, n stillen that would work with the altima

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea I have a 1st gen, sooOOo i'm a look for that one, Pm'ed a member on this site who used a front lip from a 94 boxy-looking accord, said it kinda fit, had to bend things a lil, and there was about half an inch off on the sides from reaching the end of the fender.

I was looking at a 95 240sx lip, the side parts seems longer then the accord lip, so it mite fit better, i wonder if that would fit, anyone with input?

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yeah, 240's are a little short, though Prolifik's looked good. However, I think he got his to work by pulling it back just a little instead of being able to keep it flush....

Someone else was trying to see if they could use a 240 front aftermarket bumper but I'm not sure if they succeeded or even if it will work as far as bolting up(though anything's possible)...

Whatever happened to Jeff's proposed lip? I hope it hasn't gone the way of Bench's custom front bumper or SWA's CAI....:(

Jeremy

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Well, Honda and Acura seem to have the best looking stock (yet aggressive) body 'kit' accessories from the factory....

Jeremy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts