The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went all crazy ... well here is a picture how it looks so far... hopefully I'll have it back on my car done by Saturday night or if not, by monday morning....

Keep it locked for the picture of the finished project :D

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ricam78 said:
ok so what exactly are you doing to the bumper?
I'm molding the stillen rear piece to my bumper and then flush it...
after that I'll do the front bumper too, and make it look like the oem part, but CRAZIER ;)

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
ENFORCER said:

Keep it locked for the picture of the finished project :D
I'm locked! Are you sure you can trust regular old bondo to stick to urethane without coming loose over time? Especially on the front where you might scrape? Are you using a different adhesive underneath?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Custom Rear Bumper ... !!

Altimat said:

I'm locked! Are you sure you can trust regular old bondo to stick to urethane without coming loose over time? Especially on the front where you might scrape? Are you using a different adhesive underneath?
oh yeah.... the bondo is the last thing we used... mainly for sticking the two pieces together and shaping that small arc, we used those Black Glues, which I don't know what you call 'em, and over that glu we used three layers of bondo, each different mix... looks like the guy knows what he's doing. plus if something happen cause of my base, the will fix it for free. only that one side took him about 3 hours.... I told him to take his time and don't rush it.... I hope it come up good.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Custom Rear Bumper ... !!

ENFORCER said:

oh yeah.... the bondo is the last thing we used... mainly for sticking the two pieces together and shaping that small arc, we used those Black Glues, which I don't know what you call 'em, and over that glu we used three layers of bondo, each different mix... looks like the guy knows what he's doing. plus if something happen cause of my base, the will fix it for free. only that one side took him about 3 hours.... I told him to take his time and don't rush it.... I hope it come up good.
Looks like he's doing nice work! Can't wait to see it done!

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,268 Posts
See...Now that is what the Willyman has been sayin all along. The Rear pieces look Ponitacish and just glued on there..

That is going to look fantastic, Provided you got da bondo skills!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MaXGTS said:
I hope nothing touches your bumper after it's all done, cuz I doubt Bondo is flexible.
That is true, and that's why we mainly used glue and just a touch of bondo to give it that smooth shape. but you are right. and that's the risk I'm taking.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wild willy said:
See...Now that is what the Willyman has been sayin all along. The Rear pieces look Ponitacish and just glued on there..

That is going to look fantastic, Provided you got da bondo skills!
willy. you are right. I never liked those rear pieces either, but I was waiting to do something with it, and there you go.
I might get them by tonight, then I'll post some pictures, and if not.... it will be on monday...:)

·
My little champion...
4,968 Posts
ENFORCER said:

willy. you are right. I never liked those rear pieces either, but I was waiting to do something with it, and there you go.
I might get them by tonight, then I'll post some pictures, and if not.... it will be on monday...:)
I hope Fido isn't ingesting any of that stuff... :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
enforcer, you're the man!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts