The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help... I was wondering if I wanted to build a custom speaker box to fit my whole trunk.... can I just take my Trunks Carpet Cover out and cut the wood in that shape and it fit? Please help ASAP!

·
Registered
176 Posts
i dont see y u couldn't.... but b4 u start cutting make sure your trunk is dino mated out. in other word figure out a way to stop it from vibrating your bumper off the car

·
Local Guamee...
744 Posts
Why would you want to do such a thing? What speaker(s) are you gonna use? That's a lot of cu.ft. if you ask me.

·
1,484 Posts
yes and if you are going to design this box, how are you going to mount the speakers. And if you are just going to be mounting them into the wood make sure you seal them some how to be able to create the air pressure for the sub.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will be mounting them basically flat and facing forwards... what ya mean air pressure?
skylineawd said:
yes and if you are going to design this box, how are you going to mount the speakers. And if you are just going to be mounting them into the wood make sure you seal them some how to be able to create the air pressure for the sub.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You might be able to use the trunk mat as an outline for a plan....but if you plan on building a box the size I think you're talking about, it will have to be assembled in-trunk.

·
Registered
288 Posts
You'll probably need at least 2 sheets of MDF...3/4" will be fine. It really depends what you want this box to look like, how many subs, etc. If you're looking to build a box that takes up the whole trunk I'm assuming you're trying to fit like 8 subs in there. In any case, you'll need a large box of drywall screws, a couple bottles of liquid nails, and however much carpet you need to cover the visible area. You'll probably also want to pick up some spray adhesive or contact cement to attach the carpet.

Oh yeah, and don't forget the tools you'll need if you don't have them yet. Make sure to get a few jigsaw bits if you're going to be using one because they tend to break when cutting circles in MDF.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts