The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of painting my interior. I am trying to paint the wood dash peice silver in it is coing out like shit. Eveything else painter looks real good. Bu this peice is looking terrible. it keeps cracking. Could anyone help me out please?

Also, i saw pacman's diamond cut metal flooring. Just wondering if anyone has any info on it. I did a search and it doesnt seem that too many people have discussed it. Anyone know where to get it or how to do it?

thanks for your help

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea I sanded it down and I am using the Dupont flexible interior paint. My buddy used it on his interior and gave it to me. I have already used it on other stuff and it looks great but the wood looks like shit right now.

·
DRGN4DR
2,316 Posts
i got just the thing for u... go to ACE Hardware and ask for "Zinsser B-I-N Primer Sealer" it is a white and red spray can...spray that stuff on...sand it smooth because it gives a texture to it....then spray your paint....it wont come off...i had the same problem...

·
a.k.a. Big Daddy
108 Posts
Here is what you do.....at least this is what I did. Sand it down, then once you have it sanded down, spray it with a very very light coat of primer. Spray it so you can still see through the primer, then paint it. I actually used High temp engine paint for the durability. Vinyl paint is cool, but it will chip sometimes. I painted the entire interior of my blazer like two years ago, and it chipped in certain areas, and you will scratch it off. I will probably get my interior pieces on the alty clearcoated over the winter.

·
Topnotch Mechanic
28 Posts
As for the diamond cut flooring, you can go to any Lowes, Home Depot, or any other place that sells sheet metal. Buy some and cut it to fit with tin snips.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
S-10 Layin Door said:
As for the diamond cut flooring, you can go to any Lowes, Home Depot, or any other place that sells sheet metal. Buy some and cut it to fit with tin snips.
That shits expensive though!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
It was like $50 for a sheet that would do 1 front floor mat($100 for both front) and 1 sheet should do the back ones. $150 total...Well I guess its not that bad, considering the honda kits are around that range, but they're already cut and shaped.

·
Registered
231 Posts
mats

Yeah I actually got a good deal on my mats.... front and rear for 90 bucks and they fit perfectly because the traced my factory floor mats then they cut them.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wow so I can go and get them precut and fit them right in. Is it easier then recarpeting the entire car?? it seems to be a better way to go

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
674 Posts
what did they use to cut that shit? i know its thick but did yo uhave to go to like a cunstruction shop or an import shop? they were selling it at NOPI but i didn't really have the doe for it. latas. . .

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kudakev97SE said:
what did they use to cut that shit? i know its thick but did yo uhave to go to like a cunstruction shop or an import shop? they were selling it at NOPI but i didn't really have the doe for it. latas. . .

yea i wanna know about this stuff too...need more info!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey 98se,

I've always thought 2nd Gens were ugly...
but I have to eat my words on this one...

I looked at your pictures...man your car is tight as hell...where did you get the clear hood???...also..what kind of intake is that??

1 - 20 of 39 Posts