The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hell I dont even know what they are really, I just know if you remove some of them you have more shock or spring travel so you dont bottom out as easily. Did you just install your springs without trimming anything? Do you bottom out?

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
I didn't do anything special when i installed them...just put them on...and yes i do bottom out on big speed bumps or driveways that go up and then down on the other side of the highest point....all you have to do is take your speed bumps and driveways, slower and at an angle.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TweekersAltima said:
I didn't do anything special when i installed them...just put them on...and yes i do bottom out on big speed bumps or driveways that go up and then down on the other side of the highest point....all you have to do is take your speed bumps and driveways, slower and at an angle.
Kool, Looks like i wont be letting my parents drive my car. None of that lets see who can make this ball bounce higher in the car shi*..

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its jigga james said:
Hell I dont even know what they are really, I just know if you remove some of them you have more shock or spring travel so you dont bottom out as easily. Did you just install your springs without trimming anything? Do you bottom out?

·
Registered
938 Posts
They are at the top of the strut insert. If the shock / strut compresses far enough they provide added protection to cussion
so the suspension wont bottom out. Because the springs are shorter you may not have enough travel left so by cutting a bit off it allows extra travel before the bump stop starts working.
I did this on my last car with perf springs and don't reccomend doing it!

·
Omaha Alti
137 Posts
My friend has a set of sportlines on his cavalier and his ride was pretty bouncy. Then he ended up cutting the bump stops and it did help because it gave the strut a little more travel. It's ok to cut them just not too far so your strut doesn't bottom out. But hey if you don't cut them and you don't hit them then that should be just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts