The Nissan Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put on a pair of DZ springs. It sucks to have a dropped car and still have it look like the front is higher than the back due to wheel well size. So I was wondering what the procedure is on that. Do you cut the top or bottoms and is there any particular point you cut on the springs. And what is the after affects of cutting the spring. Appreciate your input.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
6,859 Posts
Luc said:
I recently put on a pair of DZ springs. It sucks to have a dropped car and still have it look like the front is higher than the back due to wheel well size. So I was wondering what the procedure is on that. Do you cut the top or bottoms and is there any particular point you cut on the springs. And what is the after affects of cutting the spring. Appreciate your input.
cutting springs is a no no.
 

·
*Donating Member* Senior Member
Joined
·
1,987 Posts
patience is virtue....save some $$ and get good springs....that way you have sell your stock springs or keep them (to put back one when you sell your ride) and you'll have a safe (literally) ride without the bumpy shit that your GF is gonna hate and yell and scream about each time your go out for a drive...
 

·
de-moderator
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
i got dz's cut 1.5 coil off the front and 1 off the rear. I had the coils cut off the top of the springs i think. i'll findo ut in the morning. But, if ou cut them you will lose ride quality. But it will look WAY better. Its up to you. I, personally dont mind the ride one bit now that i replaced my stocks with tokico struts. Here's an old pic of my car on the cut springs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
386 Posts
oh man, my eyes hurt from looking at those hubcaps. You have exhaust, stillen front lip, clear tails + sidemarkers, and you're almost tucking hubcaps?! At least throw some oem rims on there, hehe. :) law's 16" '01SE rims would look nice
 
G

·
Simans82 said:


Do it right the first time and buy coilovers or an air setup. It's the only way you'll ever be at all happy with a drop if you're going for a "slammed" look.
dude, my dz's are coming in soon, i'm just not going to cut the springs ya know?
so what? only solution is to drop the front more than the back?
so it'll look balanced?
 
G

·
Parsec said:
oh man, my eyes hurt from looking at those hubcaps. You have exhaust, stillen front lip, clear tails + sidemarkers, and you're almost tucking hubcaps?! At least throw some oem rims on there, hehe. :) law's 16" '01SE rims would look nice
yup, thats me too.
i'm going to save the rims for last lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
AAzn_ScratcH said:
so what? only solution is to drop the front more than the back?
so it'll look balanced?
That's a good point actually. lol

Most people say "I got the coilovers slammed all the way down and the gap is still larger in the front!"

Well no shit, Nissans have a larger wheel gap in the front for turning radius purposes (so I've heard) and you have to expect that.

Simple solution, raise the rear up just a LITTLE BIT (that's all it takes, believe me) and you can even out the gap just fine. It'll look great. JMO

Most people want to tuck the rear, which you'll never do completely unless you have bags, so you might as well jack it up about another 1/4 of an inch. :p
 

·
de-moderator
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
Parsec said:
oh man, my eyes hurt from looking at those hubcaps. You have exhaust, stillen front lip, clear tails + sidemarkers, and you're almost tucking hubcaps?! At least throw some oem rims on there, hehe. :) law's 16" '01SE rims would look nice
:flipbird:
 

·
de-moderator
Joined
·
1,476 Posts
but, seriously i plan on gettin either 16 or 15 stock rims. I dont wanna put 17's on there cuz my ride is already stiff enough w/ the cut springs and tok's. Just savin up money and payin off debts for fixin a few probs on the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Intrax Springs

Just bought Intrax for my '95. All the spings I looked at recognize the extra 1/4" (really 3/8") difference between the front and the back. That should "even out" the wheel gaps. Got my 17's konig rims w/ 215/45/17 and I have been burned up about getting the springs in.
 
G

·
Re: Intrax Springs

Cujo said:
Just bought Intrax for my '95. All the spings I looked at recognize the extra 1/4" (really 3/8") difference between the front and the back. That should "even out" the wheel gaps. Got my 17's konig rims w/ 215/45/17 and I have been burned up about getting the springs in.
yeah intrax are weird to its
like

1.7" in the front and 1.5" in the back
guess same thing with the size of the wheel well
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top