The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Made in Montenegro
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how many have done it? Is it safe? My GC's don't go low enough up front so I'm thinking of doing that. See sig...it's as low as it can go up front. Thanks

·
Made in Montenegro
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
RacingLine Guy
5,846 Posts
y I would be worried about bottoming also. Mine are stock so I know they are weaker but at 2/3 down the front is about 3/4 on an inch off the bump stop (bump stop was cut in half at installation). You are goign to be able to get alot closer. I'd be worried about the tok's blowing. I've since switched to h&r's though cause roads up here really suck I don't like plowing in the winter

·
22,052 Posts
I won't ever drive with them nearly that low. I have that molded lip , and after the mone and time invested, I'll be damned if it gets messed up.

I was switching the struts out anyway, and figured I would do this just to be able to adjust them easier, and I could slam the car for looks....like if I ever put it in a show.

Just for fun. I'd rip the front off in 2 seconds if I drove with it that low.

·
Made in Montenegro
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Peterson said:

I'll snap some pics with the sleeve off later.
Thanks Peterson. I am still having trouble seeing how the sleeves are actually staying on there though. Maybe I should just do it and then it will make more sense. :)

·
22,052 Posts
Here's the hat cut off:

Here's the indentation in the sleeve as well as the 3M cutoff disc I used. It took 2 of these bad boys to do both front struts. This one is worn past any usefullness.

Here's the weld filed down. As you can see, I slipped a few times and scratched the paint. I'm gonna check and see if I can't find a similar color to touch them up and cover the exposed metal.

Here's the sleeve with the indentation side up. You can see how it doesn't fit over the weld.

And here it is with the indentation side down....slides over the weld, looks better, and gives a bit more adjustability.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts