The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone. I have a 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5S. My significant other rearended someone in it and I had to replace the front end down to the radiator support assembly. I reconnected the CVT hoses to the radiator/oil cooler and when I cranked it it blew the hose off of the cooler barb and I lost some (alot of) oil. I have read where this is common on aftermarket radiators/coolers. Anyway... I cranked it up after reattaching the hose and it made a funny noise. I put it in gear and it pulled for a second and then would not pull. Does it sound like I have caused any serious damage?

Any advice you can give on when I go to address this issue will be appreciated. I have not tried to re-add oil and start her up again because I do not want to lose the expensive oil again if I can avoid it.

Thanks,
Dan :crying

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I doubt if any damage...but you are low on CVT fluid NS-2, purchase a quart from a Nissan dealer, and add a little fluid at a time till fluid is almost at the full mark on the transmission dipstick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Throckmorton. Much appreciated. I am going to get an extra clamp and lube the barb to insure the line stays on this time.

I was feeling like going into the autobody trade until the CVT issue. I was stoked then the CVT pissed on my fire. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts