The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2019 Sentra with CVT has 63,000 miles. This doesn’t happen all the time sometimes when car is cold.
when accelerating, only in mornings. I get vibration feels like coming from transmission. But is only on that initial take off does not do any other time throughout day. So not sure what to think.. thoughts please. Thanks

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I have 2019 Sentra with CVT has 63,000 miles. This doesn’t happen all the time sometimes when car is cold.
when accelerating, only in mornings. I get vibration feels like coming from transmission. But is only on that initial take off does not do any other time throughout day. So not sure what to think.. thoughts please. Thanks
Since you have no factory warranty left, how much $$$ do you want to spend chasing this problem?

Maybe a fluid and filter change would help the CVT...maybe not.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have extended warranty. there has been no vibration today. It does not happen everyday

·
Registered
68 Posts
If the transmission fluid/filters have never been changed that's where I'd start unless there are codes stored related to the transmission at which point it's probably already damaged the transmission and a fluid/filters change isn't likely to do the trick. With the problems these Nissan CVT's have given over the past 20 years or so I suggest changing the fluid/filters every 30K miles. These transmissions have 2 filters, a regular in pan screen type filter and and external cartridge filter. I would also recommend using Nissan CVT fluid during the warranty period. I've heard of instances of Nissan denying warranty claims when other fluids have been used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts