The Nissan Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
WE ALL GOT PLAYED. WE TRUSTED NISSAN INSTEAD of taking 2 minutes to google the horrible transmission design. ITS A SAFETY HAZARD 1ST AND FOREMOST. I had a horrible experience with my 2 yr old on the highway. Car stalled with no signs whatsoever. No engine lights came on until the 3rd stall. It was so scary trying to make it off the highway I never want to see a NISSAN SYMBOL again. I had an inspection from Nissan 2 yrs prior and never warned about the CVT probs or extended warranty. I am under the 120k but 3 months over the date. I have kids and rather spend money on them than buy transmission prematurely. I have been a solely Nissan operator my entire life which makes it feel like betrayal. You made a mistake that put peoples lives at risk, caused thousands in damages, caused a ton of inconvenience and want us to pay??? YOU SHOULD BE SUED. Who is protecting the consumers. It makes me nervous to drive on the highway. Cars can just stall in front of you out of nowhere now???? The Highway Safety Adminstartion is doing what??? I WAS NEVER NOTIFIED THAT WAS HAPPENING AND COULD POTENTIAL HAPPEN TO ME. THAT IS YOUR JOB to protect the public.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my opinion, Nissan/Jatco produced enough lemons to make gallons and gallons of lemonade. The 2013 had the most with each successive year having fewer. There haven't been many complaints of CVT failure for the 2017 and 2018 which tells me that Jatco finally got their manufacturing process dialed in. I am one of the lucky (few???) 2014 2.5L owners who didn't get one of Jatco's lemons. There have been many 2014 2.5L sedans that have made it to 200K miles on one CVT. There are a couple on cars.com right now.
I doubt the original CVT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Look at the history of Renault, who bought much of Nissan, it will tell you why things changed with Nissan around '00ish............the billionaire who owns it believes in lower quality (for more profit) to all of the unwashed masses. Longterm life of product went out the window there except with lip service.
That explains why my 1999 Maxima lasted 15 yrs over 200k w no major probs. n all my other Nissans junk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts