The Nissan Club banner
681 - 684 of 684 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought a 2016 2.5 with zero miles in March 2017. First transmission failed at 32k. 100% covered. Second transmission failed at 111,000. Nissan covered 60% of the dealer cost (I paid $1600).

Car just started slipping when accelerating from a stop. Engine over revs. Back off the gas and be gentle and all is good. Pretty sure I’m on my last 10k with this crap unit.

This just happened after replacing all brakes, rotors and tires and scheduling a cat converter for next month.

Not sure it will be worth putting a fourth transmission in the Car.

Love to hear advice. (I just replaced headlight assemblies also)
So you went through 3 transmissions, all replaced by Nissan? That is very discouraging to read. Like I said in the post prior to yours, our first transmission started acting up as the odometer was about to turn 100,000.....almost like it was planned obsolescence. This second "Nissan Rebuilt" transmission better last longer than that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I bought a 2016 2.5 with zero miles in March 2017. First transmission failed at 32k. 100% covered. Second transmission failed at 111,000. Nissan covered 60% of the dealer cost (I paid $1600).

Car just started slipping when accelerating from a stop. Engine over revs. Back off the gas and be gentle and all is good. Pretty sure I’m on my last 10k with this crap unit.

This just happened after replacing all brakes, rotors and tires and scheduling a cat converter for next month.

Not sure it will be worth putting a fourth transmission in the Car.

Love to hear advice. (I just replaced headlight assemblies also)
Sorry to hear about your issues with the car. I bought a 2017 with 11 miles in November 2017 and have had no transmission issues. I keep the car in excellent condition. I spoke with a buddy about getting rid of the car because of potential transmission issiues own the road. He said, and I agreed, that paying $4k to install a new transmission is a lot less than buying a new car. Seems right so I just bought new tires and brakes/rotors all around. Low mileage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues with the car. I bought a 2017 with 11 miles in November 2017 and have had no transmission issues. I keep the car in excellent condition. I spoke with a buddy about getting rid of the car because of potential transmission issiues own the road. He said, and I agreed, that paying $4k to install a new transmission is a lot less than buying a new car. Seems right so I just bought new tires and brakes/rotors all around. Low mileage.
I think you are right. I just crossed 195k miles so the car is likely in the twilight phase

681 - 684 of 684 Posts