The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, thanks for accepting me.
My 2014 Nissan Pathfinder R52 has had CVT issues since purchasing it brand new. It is out of warranty now and requiring a new CVT at just 43,000kms! This will be its 4th CVT in only 6 years.

馃懆鈥嶐煉籛hat are other people's experiences with their CVT's and the shudder issue?
馃懆鈥嶐煉籋ow long does the software update last (in terms of performance)

Thanks in advance 馃槉

Registered
Are you striving for an even 1/2 dozen CVT's? How much is all this costing you?

Registered
Hi, thanks for accepting me.
My 2014 Nissan Pathfinder R52 has had CVT issues since purchasing it brand new. It is out of warranty now and requiring a new CVT at just 43,000kms! This will be its 4th CVT in only 6 years.

馃懆鈥嶐煉籛hat are other people's experiences with their CVT's and the shudder issue?
馃懆鈥嶐煉籋ow long does the software update last (in terms of performance)

Thanks in advance 馃槉
You have what Carlos Ghon refers to as 鈥減rofitable cars鈥. Be glad his butt is gone. But u still have Renault to worry about.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You have what Carlos Ghon refers to as 鈥減rofitable cars鈥. Be glad his butt is gone. But u still have Renault to worry about.
Yes Mr Ghosn the fugitive who wants a Hollywood movie made about him. Could write a movie on my Shat (Pathfinder)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you striving for an even 1/2 dozen CVT's? How much is all this costing you?
all under warranty, but this 4th CVT is being paid by Nissan as a "goodwill gesture" because it's out of extended car warranty. They're claiming the new CVT with "new parts and software update" will end all my concerns. but I'm very skeptical

Registered
I'd get this transmission put in then put a for sale sign on that piece of junk. Thus far you're averaging 9K miles per transmission. That's more often than some people change their oil.

Registered
X2, the CVT as Nissan has designed it is scrap even new. They cannot be fixed I don't care what they tell you. Some few luck out but all others pay.

You if on the 4th one know better than that or you deserve more of what they give you.

I know it's mean but better than having to physically slap you back into reality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts