The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so whats all that mumbo jumbo about alty's not suitable for cylinders?

strut bags are just not fucking low enough :mad:

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
damn so you have been dragin this topic out for ever now. when do you plan on doin it? if its worth it when i see your car then i might go ahead and bagg mine. YYOOUU CCAANN DDOO IITT!!!

·
altimember
860 Posts
for the bag struts, can't you just move the bottom bracket (that bolts to the back of the brake disc) up an inch so you can dump the car lower? as far as cylinders go, i don't think they're stable w/ our macpherson strut setups. it'll snap under high loads/stress when cornering. well, that's what i heard =\

check this site out, tell me what you guys think: Mac Air

i wonder if this is suitable for our cars?

·
Like a Villain
3,765 Posts
LboogieG12 said:
i don't think they're stable w/ our macpherson strut setups. it'll snap under high loads/stress when cornering.
and even if cylinder's give a lower drop, i'd still go w/ strut bags because they're a smoother ride from what i've heard

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LboogieG12 said:
for the bag struts, can't you just move the bottom bracket (that bolts to the back of the brake disc) up an inch so you can dump the car lower?
can you further explain that? pix would be great

·
altimember
860 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
can you further explain that? pix would be great

well, the bottom bracket on the strut that mounts to the spindle (2 bolts) - can't you position that bracket upwards 1" so the car can sit lower in the front? basically after that modification, the shaft of the strut would poke out an inch from the bottom. sorry, i have no pics. but take a look @ these tanabes

i know they're coilovers & not strut bags, but take a look how the bottom bracket is positioned 1" higher from the bottom of the shaft; conversely, the shaft is positioned 1" lower from the bottom bracket. you would definitely get a lower drop if bag strut setups were designed like this, provided that it doesn't hit the CV axle (but i don't know how much clearance we have).

·
altimember
860 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
dood, its all welded together, its not detachable

what i'm saying is maybe you can break the welds off (w/ some special machine), move the bracket up an inch or so (provided you have enough clearance to clear the CV axle) & then re-weld it @ that new position on the shaft.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wouldnt advise that. what if the weld isnt strong and breaks...:smack: u'r shit is REALLY gonna be on the ground then

·
altimember
860 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
i wouldnt advise that. what if the weld isnt strong and breaks...:smack: u'r shit is REALLY gonna be on the ground then
that's true, but the welds should be strong enough. just like the welds that hold my threaded collars to my coilovers - quite strong despite the bumpy streets i drive on in the city.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I've watched cylinders totally **** up some nice rides........

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,576 Posts
I liked my struts and could 3 wheel, but only around corners and if I parked a certain way, I would think about doing cylinders on the back just for the free standing 3 wheel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts