The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter is looking for a good paint & body shop in the D/FW Metroplex to completely repaint her '97 Eclipse (in a different color than it currently is). She is putting a new CF hood in place (so that will only need a few layers of clear coat applied), along with new front bumper and sideskirts. And, this will be the time to take care of the various dings and scratches on the car.

She is a Senior in High School so money is tight, since she is paying for all of this with her own money she makes working at the local Best Buy. I'm sure we can all remember our High School days and the need to make every dollar stretch as far as possible. So far we've talked to T&P in Grand Prairie (they wanted over $3K to do it) and Complete in Arlington (they want $3K to do it).

It would be great if we can find somebody who perhaps is able to do it in a real shop "after hours" on their own time and that way save her a lot of money?

Or, are there some additional good places in the Metroplex you'd recommend we contact to get a quote?

If you have any suggestions or ideas here, please let me know.

Thank you very much,

Steve Harvey
"GoodFinder" :)
[email protected]
93.5 Supra
2002 WRX

---*---

·
Registered
43 Posts
I know you hear a lot of bad things about Macco, but I took my 91 Corrola to the one on Alta Mesa in South Ft. Worth & they did a great job for the money. B4 the paint job the car looked like it was in a fire, afterwards it looked GREAT. They offer factory style better quality paints & like a 4 yr warrenty for around $1K. They'd charge a little more for door jams & color change, & anything you can do to help out like take off lights & interior pannels whould help out. You could look em up in the book, & go by to check out their work.

·
See ya on the flipside...
2,076 Posts
Steven,

There's also Clarks Brother's and Sam and Joe's both located in Arlington. My sister got her car repaired and repainted at Clarks Brother's and they were inexpensive but very good. I got my car repaired repainted at Sam and Joe's, they were also inexpensive and very good. But since she is getting a body kit on as well, I'd take it to Clarks Brother's or Complete Autobody. Just remember you get what you pay for. ;)

·
1,484 Posts
I just got my car quoted today. They are going to fully repaint it, except for under the hood. They are going to fix my door dings and dents, and going to fix my driver side, side skirt. I got quoted 1400 to do the whole job. Let me know if you are at all interested at all, because I got referred to this shop through another shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts