The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, I know this has been answered before, but I couldn't find it through the search (rather, I didn't know what to look for exactly) so my apologies in advance.

I haven't had to use my A/C too often, and the stink that occurs after you've had it on, then turn it off and leave it set to "vent" has finally gotten to me. Is this something the dealer can fix? And what exactly is the problem?

·
BaZoO!!!
409 Posts
mines smells like feet too..i wonder whoes feet it smells like..maybe the guy who built my car..maybe he left his socks in the vents...yuck!!!

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
ThaiBruin said:

I haven't had to use my A/C too often, and the stink that occurs after you've had it on, then turn it off and leave it set to "vent" has finally gotten to me. Is this something the dealer can fix? And what exactly is the problem?
Trapped condensation in rubber parts perhaps? Just run your a/c for a few minutes with the windows wide open, then the smell should clear.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Smell like feet because of fungus (not kidding).

Get some AC vent cleaner and spray into the AC intake while the system is on. That will get rid of the smell.

If you want something cheaper, just get some Lysol Anti-baterial, will do the same trick.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
I have yet to see a Japanese car that does not have this problem. Not one of my Ford has ever had this.

What I do is several miles and/or about 5 minutes before I reach my destination, i turn off my A/C and activate the highest setting on ECON (60 degrees and high fan). This will help to dry out the evaporator which is the area where your smelly problem originates. I suspect it is the evaporator housing which collects condensation and therefore, milldue.

So dry out your evaporator before shutting off the engine. And if your wife or girl friend complains, tell her TS.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
pvick said:
What I do is several miles and/or about 5 minutes before I reach my destination, i turn off my A/C and activate the highest setting on ECON (60 degrees and high fan). This will help to dry out the evaporator which is the area where your smelly problem originates. I suspect it is the evaporator housing which collects condensation and therefore, milldue.
I do that also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts