The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worst weekend ever. I was running a centerforce clutch that was completely underated for my boost setup this weekend. I was neck and neck with the sti in first and second then my clutch goes to hell. Next thing I know major slippage topping in 3rd through 5th gear and the horrid clutch smell. I suspected that it wasnt going to last long. Its been 3 years and 70k on the clutch with was never meant to see 9lbs so its my damn fault. I have been reading up and so far I am thinking a ACT street/strip. Thank god that I stopped when I did. I noticed it slips in high rpms at max boost so I turned the boost down to 3lbs and driving it slow for now till the clutch comes. This is the second time I blew something by racing a WRX. Damn WRX's.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
u were just waiting for a chance to use that Z31 on fire pic werent you.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
sleeperalti said:
u were just waiting for a chance to use that Z31 on fire pic werent you.
hehe, if youve been thru the nissanfreak saga ever, youd know thats petersons calling card... ;)

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
i've read up on it. from the ghetto rigged MAF to the wastegate issue.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
thing is I know someone like him. he bought a S13 with a SR20DET already installed by the previous owner and the car had some issues. he decided he was going to play around with some of the parts (kid has no real mechanical knowledge, he's a magazine racer and tuner), ended up messing up the MAF, and almost did catch his car on fire.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
what about 240sx.org?
I was just telling a story about someone i personally know that did something similar to what you tried before

·
Registered
437 Posts
Peterson said:
You never had him...you never even had your car...
^^^ I like that Fast and the Furious Quote... LOL
I guess now he also has to rip apart the block and replace all the piston rings he fried.. LOL

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
Luv_Jonzzz said:
^^^ I like that Fast and the Furious Quote... LOL
I guess now he also has to rip apart the block and replace all the piston rings he fried.. LOL
its funny how a car with fried piston rings was able to out run the police a few minutes later. I've driven a car with fried rings before, it doesnt go fast at all, or for any substantial distance :sad:

·
Registered
437 Posts
sleeperalti said:
its funny how a car with fried piston rings was able to out run the police a few minutes later. I've driven a car with fried rings before, it doesnt go fast at all, or for any substantial distance :sad:

Well you know it was just all some junk talk that Dom was giving Brian, thats all.. the car was smoking pretty bad though... You know Part 3 is coming out pretty soon... I think Van Diesel is going to be back in this one..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.