The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
these books rule!

i read Angels & Demons in under 3 days! and finished Da Vinci Code in 4 days..i never read boks this fast, i hate reading..i haven't read a full book in years. now i am eager to read more

i highly recommend these books. Angels & Demons is better than Da Vinci Code, and the first one, but dont sleep on Da Vinci Code, it grabs you more historically (A&D is more suspenseful though)

however, while reading these books, forget the world around you, if something sounds to insane to be true in the real world, who cares! it is fiction! let yourself become totally engrossed by the books...analyze the details and facts when you are done...

next on my reading list:

The 48 Laws of Power
Bringing Down the House
Ugly Americans (same author of Bringing Down the House, same concept too)

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
I loved DaVinci code too! Really gets the thoughts churning around in the old head eh??? :) I heard Angels & Demons is even better too, but haven't read it yet. Thanks for the reminder!

·
The Humanoid Typhoon
144 Posts
YEAH!!! Dan Brown is the man. After reading the Da Vinci Code, It made me reevaluate a few common thoughts that I had about christianity. I haven't read Angels and Demons but I plan to. He is one of my new favorite authors.

·
Call me Pippin
591 Posts
Don't forget to read Digital Fortress and Deception Point from Mr. Brown. They aren't historically based like the other two, but are still great reads.

·
One CrAzY Son Of A Bitch
2,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
AudioAltima said:
Don't forget to read Digital Fortress and Deception Point from Mr. Brown. They aren't historically based like the other two, but are still great reads.
i heard those two were garbage. very obvious and not as thrilling as the others...im still skeptical to read them

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
I've only read da vinci code but I wasn't too impressed. If not for the revelations about Christianity (common knowledge for many people, but admittedly my first exposure) the book would be worthless. The fiction was mediocre at best and the twists were cheap.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I read Deception point and I liked it better than Angel's and Demons. The thing that I didn't like about Angel's & Demons was (ATTN SPOILER--DO NOT READ IF YOU PLAN TO READ BOOK) when Langdon jumped out of the helicopter and he was able to "float" with that tarp. I just found the book far fetched as compared to Da Vinci code and Deception Point. Don't get me wrong, it's still a good book, but Angel's and Demons had too many parts where I was like, "give me a break".

·
I <3 Sanjaya
1,824 Posts
another good book is day of confession by alan folsom (i just started reading now i read a lot, mainly political shit tho). day of confession is about a brother who hears his brother, a priest in the vatican, has died after rumor spreads that he murdered the cardinal vicar in rome. his brother goes to try and clear things up and then finds out his brother might be alive...it's really good.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I read A & D before DaVinci and found both to good reads. I liked having the background on Langdon before the DaVinci Code. Ron Howard is directing the movie with a yet to be named cast. Who do you think gets the lead?

·
Resident Bitch
1,755 Posts
All 4 of his books are awesome, but A&D and Da Vinci Code are the best.

And ofcourse theres always my favorite book ever "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts