The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
if you dont bottom out...and in theory...but thats impossible. if you drop your car, or even if you dont, you always have a chance of bottoming out. better to be safe than sorry.

i know that if you drop the car you can trim them a little bit to keep from riding on them (im going to do this when i get GC's, might even go with the ES ones...) but i wouldnt go without them ever, unless its a show car that doesnt get driven on the street.

and i would think that almost any year from, i suppose the later 70's on up to 2004 would work since the chassis is pretty much the same from then till now...but maybe the suspension designs are different, so dont take that to heart :) Rick would probably know better, that Ford Freak...LOL ;) j/k

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
soc, if you read carefully, he actually returned the bumstop to stock height, and then drilled holes in them.

I'm running U13 intrax up front in the U12 (with the U13 struts) currently, nothing blown so far, stock OEM U13 bump stop from the junker, not drilled, not trimmed, haven't bottom so far, then again prolly the U12 front end is lighter compared to the U13. lol..

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
well, (sorry for hi-jacking), you might want to check if the A32 maxima front AGX are usable...the rears I'm quite certain you can use the B13 units.. but here is the fact: They're best matched with anything under 300lbs/in.. well, we blew them with some 500lbs/in ERS..(I'd like to think that it's more of a ride height issue than spring rate issue... Since the AGX is basically a stock strut (dimension wise) with adjustable valve, slamming the ride may as well put them beyond their effective dampening range..)

I thought ME got an application for the U13 and L30?
Otherwise a DIY project gutting blown stock struts and inserting short stroke inserts may be your forte...takes time though..

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
B13 struts can go on an Altima? i never heard this LOL i thought they were quite a bit shorter...might have to look into them...not sure if any Max struts will fit though...

ME can make shortened struts for the Altima, but theyre pricey. at the moment im not mr. moneybags and certainly dont make a living off of racing...LOL but they would be really nice to have.

i have my old stock struts here, actually. never got rid of them, or the springs. but will have to see if making my own shortened struts would be worth it...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I went about 30 miles without 3 bumpstops until I came home after working on it for 14 hours straight. That job was a bastard. The camber bolts were insanely rusted in, snapped one drilled it out cheapie bolt in (I got a new one camber bolt and it's in there don't worry). Discovered upon coming home this big ass bushing sitting in the middle of the garage floor....that sucked. At least the camber bolts weren't hard the 2nd time...

I really need to go through everything now and put it at FSM tq specs.....oh and get a rear swaybar to replace the one that we torched by accident (well, brushed one with the mapp torch and at 545 am I was pissed and on the other rear wheel and said "your coming off with pain".

*sigh*

Does anyone know if the stillen bar comes with endlinks? I see the suspension techniques bar (which is the one dist by stillen I believe) and emailed them, said it comes with endlinks.....experiences on this guys? Thanks...

·
How now brown cow?
3,865 Posts
The ST bar is the original, stillen rebadged it and charges more money. I bought the ST bar, it did NOT come with endlinks...it came with poly bushings and grease, (and new bolts/U brackets) that was all

1 - 16 of 16 Posts