The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read threads on here that talk about the black paint and the difficulty keeping it completely clean and the tendency for chips and dents to show up more with the super black paint.

My question is are those problems just as pronounced on the darker paints as they are with black? specifically the smoke and the new majestic blue(which is like a navy blue but fairly dark?
I go to the beach three times a week and I am wondering how much damage the salt will do to the paint. My other option is the white which I doubt will show much salt or sand.

Going to the dealer ship in about 6 hours. Right after work to look at and possibly buy a car.

Thanks
cruizin

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
look at it this way, Nissan's paint is a piece of shit, regardless of what color the car comes in, it just shows MORE in Black and darker colors than the lighter shades.

Altimas' paint chips, scratches if you look 'em sideways, the quality of the metal is not any better either, similar to that of a coke can, aside from that the car is Great
:D

worried about the color, get silver, looks good, doesn't show dirt, chips and scratches wont show as much as black

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking the same thing. Normally I wouldn't be too concerned except the salt air that we have in Hawaii might be too much for the darker paints. Especially being at the beach like I said 3-4 times a week.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks man. I just posted a thread there. But I am still looking for general opinions from any one who wants to donate their $.02.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
i wash my black car like 2 times a week (once with soap, the second time with a jet of water). black IMO is the best color when clean, but silver is the easiest to maintain. I agree with user0209 about silver being boring though. I actually wanted a white car originally, but the black interior was much more important to me and I couldnt find a white on black...so i went the black route, i dont regret it at all. I'm goint to remove all the crappy factory wax this weekend(with dawn) and polish and wax it up real nice to prevent scratches.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Silver puts people to sleep!!!

Silver is Boring!!

No offense to white altima drivers, White is the most boring, plain color any car could have, looks the same when clean and dirty, nothing special, the only difference is that Altima's white is satin so its a bit better as far as looks and shine goes.

Silver is the most popular color on altimas, i could have gotten one, but Chose black instead since Nothing shines like black and i dont care about the pain it requires to keep it lookin as it does.

The problem with silver is that it only gets to a certain point as far as shine is concerned and hits a wall, Nissan should have given the altimas the same SILVER shade it had on the 2002 Maximas, before they changed the body, but since the old max was made overseas, it came with a different shade of silver, one much shinner and better lookin than the silver made here.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
a nicely detailed white car can look like a major pimpmobile IMO, but you are definitely right about black and its shine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Smoke. I just posted a thread about the new car. I ended up getting the smoke wth frost interior which looks great in my opinion. So far I opened her up a bit but not too much waiting for the break in period. Thanks for all of your help.
cruizin

·
GIVE IN TO THE DARK SIDE
776 Posts
If you really want the paint to look great and last longer spend about a $1,000 and get it clear coated from a body shop it will be thicker and when they color sand it the paint will look like glass.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts