The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn it! Accel coils are trash!

My car was running like shit and I found out it was the new coil. I trashed it and put on the stock oem nissan one and it runs 10 times better. My friend was right about nissan ignition systems. They are really good for factory! Unless you go jacobs I would stay stock. An MSD 2 Blaster may be fine too. This may be a cause to why I failed emissions.

·
Resident Bitch
1,275 Posts
My only experience the Accel has been good. We have a 300+ ignition, coil and wires in a 1970 Datsun 510 with a custom pieced together carburated engine. Its passed emissions just fine with a little tweaking on the carbs and timing.

Demmy

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
939 Posts
I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 510!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of those days i will own one! :D

·
THE BIG POLISH SUSG
939 Posts
Also, is it just me or everything that nissanfreak lately buys is trash! lol I am telling u man, it must be that great weight reduction job u have done! LOL

·
Resident Bitch
1,275 Posts
We're actually contemplating buying another one. We found one locally for sale. Its all stock, but thats ok. We have a freshly rebuilt 2.0l L20B engine sitting in our garage that could be dropped in it :)

Demmy

·
where is that cone from
38 Posts
Dementia said:
We're actually contemplating buying another one. We found one locally for sale. Its all stock, but thats ok. We have a freshly rebuilt 2.0l L20B engine sitting in our garage that could be dropped in it :)

Demmy
Beautiful toy you have there. great job.
I'm currently building a 86 Corolla GTS, but there is no way to be that pretty.

·
Illest in Nebraska
892 Posts
Re: Damn it! Accel coils are trash!

NISSANFREAK said:
My car was running like shit and I found out it was the new coil. I trashed it and put on the stock oem nissan one and it runs 10 times better. My friend was right about nissan ignition systems. They are really good for factory! Unless you go jacobs I would stay stock. An MSD 2 Blaster may be fine too. This may be a cause to why I failed emissions.
your slow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.