The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i've replaced everything in the past 3 days to get my car running right....plugs,o2 sensor,fuel filter, turned down the fuel pressure and nothing has worked. my last piece to replace is the mass air flow sensor. ya wanna know how much that cost from NISSAN? my caost was $414.96! son of a bitch!

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need it today and none of my other distributers have it in stock. its but ruuning too rich and fouling out the plugs every 2 days. and at idle after the engine gets warm the engine stalls out

·
Banned
0 Posts
donnie said:
i need it today and none of my other distributers have it in stock. its but ruuning too rich and fouling out the plugs every 2 days. and at idle after the engine gets warm the engine stalls out
that sucks

·
ASE certified wiseass
214 Posts
Sounds like a vacuum leak. What is the manifold vacuum? If the MAF was bad the car wouldn't run at all or would sputter like mad. Get a vacuum gauge and check your idle vacuum.

Randy

·
Resistance is futile
1,952 Posts
Vacuum leak should make it run lean, not rich. You have air getting into the engine that the ECU doesn't know about because it didn't get there thru the MAF, so it doesn't add gas to go with that air.
Try the coolant temp sensor. ECU thinks engine is cold, mixture stays rich, fouls plugs. Just a theory, but more importantly, a theory that doesn't cost $400 to persue. Might be bad but not throw a code, because a cold engine is not unusual - it happens every time you start it up in the morning. So the data from the sensor is in a valid range, but not correctly describing the actual engine temp to the ECU.

·
Nissan God
6,470 Posts
kierandill said:
Vacuum leak should make it run lean, not rich. You have air getting into the engine that the ECU doesn't know about because it didn't get there thru the MAF, so it doesn't add gas to go with that air.
Try the coolant temp sensor. ECU thinks engine is cold, mixture stays rich, fouls plugs. Just a theory, but more importantly, a theory that doesn't cost $400 to persue. Might be bad but not throw a code, because a cold engine is not unusual - it happens every time you start it up in the morning. So the data from the sensor is in a valid range, but not correctly describing the actual engine temp to the ECU.
some shit like that happed to me today! i started my car up this morning and it sputtered and died! i was like WTF. the idle some times acts crazy it throbs back and forth at around 600-700 rpms. i dunno why it does that, it sometimes feels like its gonna shut off! whats wrong with my car!??

·
altimas.net OG
1,350 Posts
damn donnie bad stuff keeps happening to you!

-hope things work out

-shek

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats the way the last couple months have gone for me

·
founding father
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well it looks like the MAF was what was wrong. it runs fine right now but we'll see ater the car really warms up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts