The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
i have been in the process of changing my rotors and pads on my 93 alty(figure i'll start small). pads came off no prob, but the rotors were shot, so i have been trying to change them. got the floating and set calipers off but cant get the actual rotor off, haynes manual says that it just comes off, thats bullshit b/c the thing wont budge. Should i just hammer the shit out of it or are there bolts of some kind holding it in place? help?

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Trust me when I say you gotta hammer!!! The pressure over time tighened them really bad, so hammer away!!!!!!!!!!

·
22,052 Posts
You can use a hammer, but it will beat the shit out of the rotors, but I'm guessing you won't care since you're scrapping them.

Aftermarket rotors have a threaded hole to remove the rotor, but I can't remember if factory ones do. You can thread a bolt into the hole, and it pushes the rotor off, very easy. If they don't have the hole, I'd use a rubber mallet.

Spray some WD-40 on the bolts and let it sit for a minute. I had to beat the piss out of one of my old rotors...It took like 30 minutes of hammering to get it loose. Make sure the car is secure before you go whaling on it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
You can either bang the crap out of it or get some bolts to put in the holes in the rotors. Make sure the thread is the same and just screw in the bolts and it will push off the rotor. I don't know what the thread size is. I just played with a bunch of bolts that I had till I found one that fits. Peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts