The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello any of you guys doing dash cams just installed this Street Guardian SG9665GC
https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/street-guardian-sg9665gc-super-capacitor-sony-imx322-sensor-gps-32gb-storage-card.html
Pretty cool has a mini sd card so you just pop it in your computer and you can watch movies ,or in my case play back thru my stereo HU and watch in the car

So the primary purpose would be for accident protection but also to record and scenic drives has continues record in loop so in my case set to record any time the car is on.

·
Registered
39 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just installed a week ago a Rexing V1 wedge cam: Amazon.com : Rexing V1 2.7" LCD FHD 1080p 170° Wide Angle Dashboard Camera Recorder Car Dash Cam with G-Sensor, WDR, Loop Recording : Electronics
Seems to work well. I forget it's there since it's completely hidden behind the rearview mirror. Unless you want all kinds of bells and whistles, it appears that you shouldn't be paying more than a c-note for a dash cam just to record video and audio.
Looks like 2 very similar products , I like the discreteness of it , mine is mounted a bit lower then yours to stay below the factory tint line. also my mirror is in the up position never use it to drive.
Kinda fun to watch movies of your drive.

Hope we never need it for its true intended purpose.

Saw one in a new Honda yesterday front and rear but very large in the windshield my first thought was that's advertisement for somebody to steel or break into that car.

·
2008 2.5S Sedan w/CVT
253 Posts
That is a nice setup. Those cameras are sometimes also called the "Wedge". I have a Mini 0801 which is similar in that it is also small and discreet but it's more horizontal than vertical. What I like about these is that they mount directly to the glass rather than by a huge ball and socket + suction cup arrangement. The only thing is you have to be very careful when you install it onto the glass as you can't adjust it after. I mean yes you can aim up and down by twisting the camera body but not side to side.

This is what mine looks like for reference. Had it for about 1.5 years now.
HD Mini 0801 Ambarella A2S60 Chip GPS Car DVR Blackbox 1080p G Sensor Dash Cam | eBay

It has been since superseded with 0803, 0805 and 0806. Mostly the same but better night time video quality.

I'm going to use mine until it dies but for a replacement I'll be looking at one like you guys have. The other plus for the wedge arrangement is it clips in vertically and the weight is all balanced. With the 0801 it clips in horizontally and because the weight of the camera is not in line with the clip, it sags a bit so the videos all have the horizon line not quite horizontal. Not the end of the world, but annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts