The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a dash cam recently and was wondering if anybody could share their experiences with wiring theirs. Did you run the wire on the side of the windshield, in the A pillar, or in the door lining?

The manual I'm using appears to indicate that there are some tether clips that are likely to be broken on removal and aren't reusable. This makes me hesitant to try and hide the wire in the A pillar. I'll probably just end up running it alongside the windshield, but any helps/comments are appreciated.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
I too want to now this. What dash cam do you have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the DOD LS460W. I'm satisfied with it. The only feature I think I'd like that it is missing is a parking mode.

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Cool. I've been pondering whether I should get one of these.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I got the LS360W. Parking mode would of been good. I don't like the reflection I get off the center speaker grill.

My wire is totally hidden all the way. My buddy helped, took him 2 minutes. It's actually really easy. Just make sure you don't pinch the wire when hiding it under the pillar. After the pillar mine runs under the seals all the way down. Then under the carpet to the side panel. It was easy since I had a lot of the panels off as I did my deck, reverse camera, and backup camera around the same time.

Even if you don't want to remove panels you can get it mostly hidden. If you can remove the side panel where your feet are you can run the wire from the carpet into the center area where you plug it in. Just watch you don't pinch the wire too much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wasn't able to get the pillar cover off, so I just ended up running the wire underneath the rubber on the door side of the pillar. Seems okay for now. Thanks for the help.

·
2013 Altima 3.5 SV no nav
811 Posts
I got a dash cam recently and was wondering if anybody could share their experiences with wiring theirs. Did you run the wire on the side of the windshield, in the A pillar, or in the door lining?

The manual I'm using appears to indicate that there are some tether clips that are likely to be broken on removal and aren't reusable. This makes me hesitant to try and hide the wire in the A pillar. I'll probably just end up running it alongside the windshield, but any helps/comments are appreciated.
I thought about getting one of those, I was going to mount it on the center speaker cover. I don't have the Bose sound system so it's just a hole under that plastic cover. You could either make a hole it in and bolt through. (The part is easy to replace if you sell the car.) Or if you wanted it to be removable with no visible mods you could glue a strong magnet to the bottom of the speaker cover and a metal plate on your cam mount. You would still need to get wires to it so maybe hollow out one of the fake holes in the grille.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts