The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed earlier that ocasionally when I drop below 2000 RPM my brake and battery lights on my dash blink on and stay on until I get over 2k. This is not causing any problems that I can notice but it is confusing the hell out of me, so if anyone knows what is going on here please help it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

·
SITH LORD in training
435 Posts
YUP, HAVE THE SAME PROBELM ,Soon it will stall on you my rpm's dip below 1000 and sometimes get a little shi**y and cuts out for a second,having to restart the car. now the ig question how much should it cost to replace? is autozone or pep boys good? the dealer charges $500 to replace

·
4,020 Posts
Yup, kiss your alternator good bye. I would just go get a rebuilt one. Hell if it goes bad again, at least it's a lifetime warranty. I've replaced my alternator twice. The original one went bad, then I got another one, and it was all good for like a week, then under acceleration all my lights would go bright. So I knew the voltage regulator inside of it was shot. So I took it back and got another one, and have had it ever since. It's a pretty easy DYI job too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts