The Nissan Club banner

Is your dashboard matieral breaking down causing it to be very shiny and sticky?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5. I am the original owner. About 2 years ago I noticed that my dashboard as started to MELT. It is super shiny along the defrost window vents and also along the corner facing the window that is in front of the driver side steering wheel. It is not only super shiny but extremely STICKY. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

My thoughts are it may be caused my the chemicals in my A/C that was slowly leaking for a long while but that is just a guess.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It’s extremely normal especially in that year. Mine does the same, and most people even dealerships recommend putting on a dash covering and they make quite a few for them since it’s so common.

·
Registered
2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE
24 Posts
Yes, get a dash mat, get a windshield sun shade, crack the windows and the sun roof when parking in hot places...At the very least, put some newspaper or magazines on the dash when you leave your car for protection...

Also, then newer window tints are great if you live in a sunny area--heat and UV reflective. Also be sure and treat your dash with a vinyl conditioner to keep it from drying out.

I'm always surprised when I see cars parked in full sun with all the windows rolled up. Must be 200+ degrees in there...!
Back in the day, OEM windshields had ZERO tint, and MOST dashboards were cracked eventually.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts