The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just searched and couldn't find anything. On my 2005 Altima 2.5S that I just bought the dashboard lights shut off when I turn on my headlights. The dash lights are on as soon as I turn the car on, and stay on all the time except for when the headlights are on. Is this normal, or did the car I buy get rewired at some point in its life? Or is some fuse broken?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
theres like a switch on the side to turn off or the birghtness of the lights. see if its off?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope its not the dimmer, I just went out and turned it all the way up and back down. Doesn't do anything to the dash. Something else is wrong here..

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
well if the dimmer is on and wont control the brightness when the headlights are on then i would guess its a blown fuse

·
Registered
1 Posts
The problem is the dimmer switch it self... i had this problem with my older maxima. the workers at my shop told me this kinda problem happens a lot with nissan's

·
good ole mt. dew
11 Posts
im having the same problem but my gauage cluster and speedo, tach, ect are always on full brightness butt my audio and ac lights dont turn on at all. and i cant adjust my brightness and at the exact same time my running lights went out( my brake lights and all still work but they do not illuminate when the head lights are on like they should>) and i have no blown fuses or melted wires. any ideas

·
Alti_junkie
341 Posts
I'm guessing it was the autodimmer and he wont admit it so we dont make fun of him lol. When he noticed it he ""Oooooooohhhhhhhhh" duh lol. Just playing I had that problem my fuse was blown right out of the fuse box :). Now my ac light dont turn on.

·
good ole mt. dew
11 Posts
it could be im not sure how to test the dimmer though? i dont have a multimetter or i would probably be able to that way. but anyways the connection is good and still no control. and i dont wanna go spend 70 bucks on this switch if thats not whats wrong so any ideas on how to test it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem, and I change my dimmer switch. However, I have a question, when I switch to "off" my dash board is still on. I just bought this 2003 altima, so I'm wondering is that normal? I read the manual that dimmer switch can control the light when it is on headlight mode and parking light mode

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,892 Posts
I have the same problem, and I change my dimmer switch. However, I have a question, when I switch to "off" my dash board is still on. I just bought this 2003 altima, so I'm wondering is that normal? I read the manual that dimmer switch can control the light when it is on headlight mode and parking light mode
Some kind of DRL issue? If your DRL are on because of the light level, then it would make sense that the dash would illuminated, even though the parking/headlights stalk switch is set to off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I just searched and couldn't find anything. On my 2005 Altima 2.5S that I just bought the dashboard lights shut off when I turn on my headlights. The dash lights are on as soon as I turn the car on, and stay on all the time except for when the headlights are on. Is this normal, or did the car I buy get rewired at some point in its life? Or is some fuse broken?

Thanks for the help.
on the drivers side, the left of the wheel by the pop trunk button next to it there is a scroll thing scroll it all the way up

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2004 Nissan maxima when I start the car my dash board light are fine once I have to use my head lights my dash board light turn off . I’m new with cars and this is freaking me out .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts