The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted DRLs on my 2014 Altima and after searching around for other LED bulbs for my interior/truck/license plate/reverse... I discovered IJDMTOY.com. I purchased a set of their exact fit switchback DRLs (70-795). Install was easy and the DRL looked and worked great for 3 months. Then the white LEDs stopped working, the amber turn signal still worked. I contacted IJDM and did some trouble shooting.

I ordered another set and installed them. They worked;however, when I pressed the break they blinked on and off. This lasted about 3 weeks then the module overheated and the DRLs stayed on even when my car was turned off. I sent IJDM videos off my problem and they offered somemore trouble shooting to no avail. I disconnected the module box and just keep the amber lights connected. I reached out to IJDM and after multiple emails and calls they sent me out their new model of the switchbacks (70-775).

The new set had more involved install instructions and was poorly designed. The cables could reach the battery/fuse box and they had hyper flash. My previous two sets had module box failures and the 3rd set just did not worked properly.

I tried my hand at a set straight from China off of eBay (mtfansclub). They looked cheap, but did not have as many LEDs so I was thinking I would have less chance of module box failure. They did not come with a module box and had hyper flash once installed.

I would really like a set of working DRLs on my car. The ones from IJDM looked great, but did not last and the one from China are just cheap. Does anyone know of a working set I could get? Could I install DRLs like the Candaian Altimas have? I am not the biggest fan of the DRL being in my fog lights on the Canadian models... but it's better then nothing. Any advice would be great, thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am sorry to hear the troubles you're going through. I was in fact planning on buying the DRL's that you've used for myself. Haven't ordered them yet, just waiting until it gets more warmer so that I can install them. Now I have second thoughts on these switchbacks. Check out my post from this thread. I might have to go with my backup options now.

PS - Others are using some VLED V3 Triton switchbacks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts