The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to speak with someone about the warranty on these things ...

who ever did the group buy or umnitza himself please AIM or PM or e-mail me ... i have issues with ONE of the rings

as for the DIY instructions ... HOLY SHIT how about some detail ... i opened up the light and the larger rings clipped on like normal but the smaller rings are out of shape and have no clips ... only thing on the DIY is to put silicone on the bottom of the smaller ring but i assume u put some on the fla part of the mounting bracker for the smaller one ... to glue it to the light ... i havent yet just want to know before i do ...

the bulb is TOTALLY shifted to one side of the opening and i dont know if thats normal or what but i dont want to bend these little glass things ...

someone help ASAP i got my headlight open here and its 8 PM ... id l;ike to get atleast ther working half done tonight ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Is it possible for you guys to post the answers to his questions? I have yet to install the DDEs and would like some insight as well. Any information would be helpful before I open my jdms.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
I contacted him last night. Hopefully he was able to do just one side, one of his big rings broke so they're sending him a replacement. But, it seems all the questions I receive have to do with mounting the rings. So I took some close up pix the best I could to show the mounting points. Hope this helps everyone.

**ALWAYS do some dry test fits to make sure they won't flex or touch the relfector when mounted. Also it is not necessary but recommended that you use a drop of silicone on the bottom of the rings to cushion from vibration as umnitza stated in his DIY.

On the bigger rings, I ended up using just the outside of the clips and used epoxy to bond them to the reflector. Some people use one clip, others both. By that I mean actually clipping it on the relfector itself. Either way use epoxy when your ready to mount no matter if you used the clips or not.

The little rings where a little trickier since they don't have clips but they do have a flat side on the ends to mount them. It has the most surface area so use that flat side to bond them to the relfector. For me, I bonded them so that one end was stuck on the flat side and the other end was stuck on the outer curvy part. Hard to explain so here's pix.

·
Semi-Automatic
6,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pretty much the DIY is just a "stick them on and here is how u wire it"

i ended up using rubber cement to hold the little one in and the big one i cliped into the ring.

the little one sits a little outside of the reflector but u can only see it fromt the front ... icouldnt figure out n e other way to mount it without having to bend and prolly break a ring ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts