The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my DDE's installed except for the new ballast coming this week.. I would like to ask a question though..I would like to wire my DDE's to my parking lights..how exactly do I go about doing it and which wire.. I know I use the blue tap thing and the remote wire, but do I just wire it to the passenger parking light and it will affect both DDE's? How do I do this? Also I don't have an aftermarket air filter and I can't mount the black box like all you have and I've just noticed from the pictures everybody who has a pic of their black box installed has an aftermarket filter which makes it possible to mount the black box as in the directions....

·
Über
7,173 Posts
Ooo, pics pics once you get the other ballast. For taping into the parking lights, just take the relay wire and use the blue tap thingy and tap into the parking light wire. I'm not sure which one it is though. :dunno: Hrmm, for mounting the black box, maybe is there bolt on the other side? I don't remember but it should be small enough to fit somewhere in the engine compartment.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I ended up mounting it on the other side of the battery so it's just laying on top and it does have room when I close the hood, but I wish I could of mounted it like all you have..Guess I'll probably have to invest in an aftermarket filter like you guys..even though I'm not really into performance really..any suggestions on filters?

·
Über
7,173 Posts
Changing filters won't change much in performance from what I hear. But it does keep it looks stock. You probably want to invest in a CAI or WAI. I used to have a BOMZ CAI and recently converted it to WAI. I defenitly felt a little gain HP but nothing significant. Plus I saved probably 150 bucks buying from a name brand. I'm guessing you have an auto? If you do, like me, I'd probably go more for cosmetic than performance wise.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I got an auto I'm just thinking about changing filters so I can mount that black box like you guys. Where did you mount your ground wire to? and I ended up putting the ballast on the drivers side , like right behind the headlight next to the parking light...you? what about the passenger side?

·
Über
7,173 Posts
princeholiday said:
Hey Groggy , where did you mount your ground wire?
I had another hole drilled to accomodate for my 1/0 gauage bat ground term. for my audio system. I was actually going to upgrade to "the big three" but apparently never finished it. You can probably find a part of the metal chassis and sand it down to bare metal and drill a hole for the ground.

·
Über
7,173 Posts
princeholiday said:
Yeah I got an auto I'm just thinking about changing filters so I can mount that black box like you guys. Where did you mount your ground wire to? and I ended up putting the ballast on the drivers side , like right behind the headlight next to the parking light...you? what about the passenger side?
Changing filters is just swaping out the filter in the airbox. It won't give you room to mount the black box like me, you'll need to take out the stock intake and replace it with a CAI or WAI. for the ballast on the pass. side I mounted it next to the fuse box and drivers side off to the side of the chassis somewhere, I forgot. I think I have it mounted like yours.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got my new ballast today..!!!! Can't believe it got here quick Thanks Umnitza...I think I figured out that blue tap you just plug the remote wire into the back and clamp the blue tap over the wire which will cut into the insulation of the wire you're tapping..Now the only question is which wire is the parking light wire on the passenger side where I'm tapping?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts