The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, so I'm going to warn you now this might be a little bit winded.

I went to the track the other day and ran [email protected] it was 98 degrees and 45% humidity (with a 125lb passenger and a full tank of gas).

I have done nothing to my car at all. It's a bone stock 03' Altima 3.5SE 5spd with the sport leather package.

After reading a bunch of posts, I've found the TSB on the hesitation problem that apparently everyone is aware of but the little weasle service guy at my dealership. So, I'm going to go get that taken care of sometime this week.

Basic problem I have right now. I picked up the Sep issue of C&D and I've decided that I am buying the 2005 Corvette. Probably mid next year. So, I don't really want to go dump a bunch of money on mods when I'm probably only going to have this as my daily driver family car.

So moving to my point. I've got my shopping list:
Injen CAI
GReddy EVO2 Cat-back Exhaust System
Unorthodox UDP
Short Shifter (brand undecided)
Chip (undecided on where to go for that as well)
Rear Sway Bar

Basic question is. I can probably get everything I want installed for under 3k, but what kind of gains am I really going to see on the track with the above list? Is there any way to get this car into the 13's? Or should I just forget about all the mods, have a bad ass daily driver and wait?

Quick rant: Someone keyed my drivers door in Cali last weekend while I was parked outside the Social D show. Grrr.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
waynehead05 said:
add nitrous and call it a day. you'll have the fastes grocery getter on the block and maybe in town.

hope you have fun with the vette.

NOS is not an option :)
I've got to keep this car street legal.
Plus NOS is an expensive headache. IMO

·
Switched to a Maxima
200 Posts
^^ i agree mod's will make a big difference but to get it down to 13's some weight will need to get off of the big boy...

·
Registered
161 Posts
purest said:
OK, so I'm going to warn you now this might be a little bit winded.

I went to the track the other day and ran [email protected] it was 98 degrees and 45% humidity (with a 125lb passenger and a full tank of gas).

I have done nothing to my car at all. It's a bone stock 03' Altima 3.5SE 5spd with the sport leather package.

After reading a bunch of posts, I've found the TSB on the hesitation problem that apparently everyone is aware of but the little weasle service guy at my dealership. So, I'm going to go get that taken care of sometime this week.

Basic problem I have right now. I picked up the Sep issue of C&D and I've decided that I am buying the 2005 Corvette. Probably mid next year. So, I don't really want to go dump a bunch of money on mods when I'm probably only going to have this as my daily driver family car.

So moving to my point. I've got my shopping list:
Injen CAI
GReddy EVO2 Cat-back Exhaust System
Unorthodox UDP
Short Shifter (brand undecided)
Chip (undecided on where to go for that as well)
Rear Sway Bar

Basic question is. I can probably get everything I want installed for under 3k, but what kind of gains am I really going to see on the track with the above list? Is there any way to get this car into the 13's? Or should I just forget about all the mods, have a bad ass daily driver and wait?

Quick rant: Someone keyed my drivers door in Cali last weekend while I was parked outside the Social D show. Grrr.
Bone stock your car is a 14 second performer. With better track conditions you will be able to dip below 15's easily.

If you want to get into the low 14's or possibly high 13's, you need to add a header. If you are in socal and want to come to one of our shops, I can easily get you in under $3000 installed for all of that minus the chip.

Hotshot race header
Berk Technology V2 intake
Greddy EVO2
UR underdrive pulley
B&M short shifter
Stillen rear sway bar

·
Registered
655 Posts
I have the same car as you, an 03 3.5 manual. I have headers, mossy exh, pulley, and injen intake- i am into the 13's. With the headers- you will be into the 13's NO PROBLEM. :cool:

·
Administrator
4,412 Posts
DO NOT get the B&M short shifter... unless you want to bend and snap your linkage cable. Get the Stillen/Nismo/Mossy short shifter. I have it and it's great.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
all of what cobymoby said to get would get u into the 13s minus that HORRIBLY shifter which has caused lots of people problems. but bear in mind it does take a good driver to pull those times and if you are pulling 15.1s u might need some practice to hit some good 13sec passes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
purest said:
Awesome news guys. I just had that hesitation TSB done.

Droped my 1/4 mile time by 2 tenths. I'm now down to:

92 degrees 33% hmidity - [email protected]

·
My little champion...
4,966 Posts
purest said:
Low 14's? I don't see how. My car is stock. No mods.
Whats your 60ft time? That will tell whether you did good or not. If you have a high 60ft (2.3-2.5), then there is MORE ROOM for improvement. If your 60ft is (2.1-2.2x), then thats pretty close to what you'll get consistently. Of course if you get a 2.1 then you had a perfect launch with respect to STOCK tires...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts