The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced a rustling noise when they operate their defroster? It sounds like a leaf or a piece of plastic fluttering, and it seems to be affected by the speed of the defroster, but isn't heard with any other vent position.

According to the dealer, this is a problem Nissan is aware of (he didn't say there was a service bulletin, though). He said it may be the design of an accordion-like section of the vent tubing, and that it may just be a "normal" feature of the car. Doesn't sound right . . . I have the auto climate control, if that helps. :confused:

Also, FYI, I had a light "ticking" noise in my headliner above the driver side that I had the dealer look at today (see my other post for all about that wonderful experience). They said they found a leaf between the headliner and the roof about a foot back from the sunroof.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one's had this problem?

I take from the lack of replies that no one has experienced the defroster rustling noise? What was the dealer talking about when he said it is a "known problem at Nissan"?

·
Registered
49 Posts
IS rustling like whistling?

If so, then the answer is YES. I have a high pitched whistling sound, not real loud, but there none the less, on higer fan speed, noticed it today on the way to work. :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts