The Nissan Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im dropping my car off tomorrow evening so i can be first in line first thing Monday morning. Supposedly my car is still under the PowerTrain Warrantee. (timing chain and tensioner)

i talked to the guy at the desk friday and he said they'd take a look at it on monday and take a "listen to it"

ok, if its underwarantee, I KNOW i wont have to pay for a damn thing, BUT

...IF for some reason if the car isnt under warrantee, will i have to pay them just for diagnosing the problem OR will that be free of charge?

·
got widebody?®
1,546 Posts
Siizzzoooo said:
Im dropping my car off tomorrow evening so i can be first in line first thing Monday morning. Supposedly my car is still under the PowerTrain Warrantee. (timing chain and tensioner)

i talked to the guy at the desk friday and he said they'd take a look at it on monday and take a "listen to it"

ok, if its underwarantee, I KNOW i wont have to pay for a damn thing, BUT

...IF for some reason if the car isnt under warrantee, will i have to pay them just for diagnosing the problem OR will that be free of charge?

They quoted me $200 to diagnose mine...to do the full barrage of tests on everything...what a rip!

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: Diagnostic Fees at nissan dealers...???

altima8 said:

They quoted me $200 to diagnose mine...to do the full barrage of tests on everything...what a rip!
what was the problem? i dont think it should cost much IF anything, i mean damn, u can HEAR the timing chain clangin..shit

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i mean, what i dont understand is...no one knows if the car is still under warrantee...BUT by the book it IS! power train warrantee is 60 month/60,000 miles, my car is a 99 with 49k..... and im almost 100% sure its the timing chain tensioner(the manual even states the it covers this part)

·
Resident Boost Junkie
716 Posts
Did u tell them that , if not make sure to bring tha book with u and point it out to them , that "By tha book" its still under warranty. Seeing that a lot of places, say " it has to go by tha book" or " This is wha tha book says" , so jus show it to them and se wha happenz.

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
BoriquaRacer said:
Did u tell them that , if not make sure to bring tha book with u and point it out to them , that "By tha book" its still under warranty. Seeing that a lot of places, say " it has to go by tha book" or " This is wha tha book says" , so jus show it to them and se wha happenz.
yeah i told the guy that, and he said to bring it by monday and they'd "take a listen to it" so im ASSUMING he understands that also....

im just tryin not to get raped

·
Banned
0 Posts
dealer here charges $75, but will tell you EVERYTHING they can find....your catalytic convertor is going bad, and the cigarette lighter is not original, so it will be blowing a fuse soon. (for example) They cover EVERYTHING on the car

·
Nissan God
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol, all i want is that loud ass noise to GO AWAY! i know for a fact its the timing chain, i guess they have to check it for the record.

·
Kitt Shicker
738 Posts
if your cool with the people there and if they know you they can do it for free. thats how i got mine checked. it also helps if you know the parts person and what i do sometimes is take them breakfast before alot of people show up and they give me very very good discounts.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.