The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's the diameter for our (second gen) rear sway bar?

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and it's a noticeable difference right? is it worth the upgrade from a GXE?

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
there are better things you can do for that amont of cash. Like if you install the H&R springs YOURSELF, for $200 you can pick up quite a bit of snap to your corners. With the H&R springs you can keep stock struts if your car is under 150K miles. If you can find the sway bar on a salvaged altima for $30, go for it, otherwise, spend your cash else where on better upgrades.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
SuprStyl said:
...spend your cash else where on better upgrades.
This prolly true. But if this is what you want, it's DEFINATELY worth the money. I love mine. It feels like it corners on rails. NICE!!!

The stock sway bars aren't even an inch in diameter. Even the Sus Tech bar, i think. It's significantly bigger, but not quite sure about an inch though. it could be, but just barely.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
Peterson told me the numbers before. 1st gen gxe/gle/xe looks like 11mm and ST looks like 18mm or 21mm.

Remember, I think proper upgrade path is Rims/Tires to increase grip, Lowering springs next to handle turns, and then rsb to reduce understeer.
Bang for buck, rsb wins in my opinion...better mod than fstb.
Jay

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
O.K., it's a good thing I'm finally back from my business trip to Key West (yeah, I know, dirty job, but somebody).
The first gens had 15mm rear bars in all models except SE, which had 16mm. All second gens have 16mm.
The S.T. (Stillen) bar is 21mm.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
For the money, I'm assuming you're going for Touring Car performance as opposed to drag-car performance right?

I'd tighten up the front-end first; with a Strut Tower Brace. It's OK if the rear-end leans a little bit, and it's actually a bad thing if the rear doesn't lean at all. Try this on Gran-Turismo. You'll see what I mean. The SE sway bar is a good place to go, but my priority would be on tightening up the front. :D

Actually, you don't have springs yet right? Get those first before you do any Strut Braces or Sway Bars. A good set of G/C Eibach springs are perfect! Thurznite has "regular" Eibachs, and they are very very squishy. :D No offense Jay. :D

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Sleeper said:
What about the ones peterson was getting from overseas somewhere?
Haven't heard anything new since he sent them measurements to make one for him.

·
Registered
194 Posts
front stabilizer bar
98-99 21mm
00-01 22mm

rear stabilizer bar
98-99 16mm
00-01 17mm

I replaced my 98 GXE rear sway bar with a 2000.

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
PT said:
Actually, you don't have springs yet right? Get those first before you do any Strut Braces or Sway Bars. A good set of G/C Eibach springs are perfect! Thurznite has "regular" Eibachs, and they are very very squishy. :D No offense Jay. :D
None taken. I know that my setup isn't the best. I'm still waiting on $ to get Tokikos. Might make it ride better. However, I love your gc setup and wish I went that route!

Jay

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ThurzNite said:

None taken. I know that my setup isn't the best. I'm still waiting on $ to get Tokikos. Might make it ride better. However, I love your gc setup and wish I went that route!

Jay
i wish i could save money....

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
why don't you'all get the Suspension Techniques one. It's 7/8" in diameter. It's a dramatic difference. I break loose w/ it all the time now.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Peterson said:
I have the suspension tech bar.

I'm talking about a front bar.
I'm with you there. my comment wasn't really directed at you.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts