The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Resident Bitch
1,275 Posts
some 93 & 94 alty's had lsd... mostly SE's. I believe it is the same tranny thats in the Maxima, but I can't remember where I saw that. Its pretty rare though. I have LSD in mine.

Demmy

·
Resident Bitch
1,275 Posts
I guess I'll answer this before anyone asks...

You can tell if it has LSD by the transaxle model #. Its on the plate by the driver door hinges. End in V is with LSD, ending in A is w/o LSD.

Demmy

·
Wheel gap solved.
59 Posts
Hurm i got the V on the end of the # but mines a 95??

Tryed to take pics but none are comming out good enuff to c..

·
Wheel gap solved.
59 Posts
Its a little taB of paper you put in your mouth.......

HEHE just kidding..

LSD limited slip diff
Turn one wheel forward and the other wheel goes reverse.. Welp This was a great invention makes for easier turning than a straight slam axel its more for handeling tho so when we want to take off from a dead stop we sometimes lose power to one of the wheels.. a LSD is a bit tighter so it works out the diff will only work under more pressure so from a dead stop we get power to bolth wheels..

If you have a norm diff you turn one wheel other goes the othr way.. with a LSD and its jacked up you turn a wheel the other will follow untill it has enuff stress to work like hitin a corner at 90mph.

·
I am the universe.
1,034 Posts
i have LSD and front & rear disc brakes. 1993 GXE (auto)

but as far as LSD for 2k1 altimas & what not... with some fanegelling you may be able to mate a 93/94 lsd to your car. I'm sure it would take lots of money and work (well over 1000 [maybe 2000] to do it, hell i don't even know if it can be done) but if it did, you'd be the man for it.... though unless you're running a big shot of nitrous, or some serious turbo boost, then I don't think putting lsd on your car will help all that much.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
deadrx7conv said:
http://www.phantomgrip.com
http://www.quaifeamerica.com

They have LSD for Sentra and Maxima. I wonder if they can make one for the Altima?
Has anyone tried one from phantom or quaife?
Quaife wants $7000 for a lsd diff and housing. Unless you're a sponsored racer or just die hard you have got to be insane to pay THAT much money for one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
krackmnkysnick said:

Quaife wants $7000 for a lsd diff and housing. Unless you're a sponsored racer or just die hard you have got to be insane to pay THAT much money for one.
$7000-- That must be the Rolex LSD. The ones listed in the appliction chart cost between $800-$1200. I also understand that Quaife can make one for any car not listed. Maybe the prototype cost $7k but production run is about $1k each.

·
Golden Member
822 Posts
Parsec said:

are you serious? (can't tell from your 1st comment). it's limited slip differential, it basically keeps both your front wheels spinning at the same rate, so the power gets distributed evenly to both wheels.

errr.... NO !

hrmm didnt we just have this convo like a week back?

someone do a search !

:angry4:

·
Golden Member
822 Posts
robertderooij said:
god damn... cant imagine an altima without lsd

every single gen1 bluebird sold in australia had a viscous type lsd, even the base models.

think its cause dey were fully imported from japan

WORD BRO !!

hey we even got the same model ??

yours silver?

cheers

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.