The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the obvious aesthetics(both inside and out), 5-speed auto, reduced speed limiter set to 115mph - are their any other differences between the 02-04 se and '05 se models???

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
05's have crappy trunk struts, better wheels, better cloth seats, fewer problems

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trunk struts??- does that mean they got rid of the POS hinges that pinches everything?

better wheels??- I don't know, the 2.5s might have better looking wheels but the 3.5's imo doesn't look as good.

fewer problems?? hmm. I hope that's true because I've been back to the dealer about once a month now(7months).

anyway, the '05's are starting to grow on me. The 5-speed auto sounds good. I'm still undecided on the interior(the chrome trims seem a little tacky). I'm gonna swing by the dealership and take one for a drive.

I wonder if Nissan got rid of that god awful wind noise.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You better hold out for an 06! The 5 spd auto is going to be a problem on th 05's. I'll bet money on it! At 4000 miles mine is doing some funny 'slipping' or electronic 'thinking' that makes for a terrible 1-2 shift. It shifts fine if you are either very light on the throttle, or have a floored.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,220 Posts
NBTX05Altima said:
You better hold out for an 06! The 5 spd auto is going to be a problem on th 05's. I'll bet money on it! At 4000 miles mine is doing some funny 'slipping' or electronic 'thinking' that makes for a terrible 1-2 shift. It shifts fine if you are either very light on the throttle, or have a floored.
02-04 suck ass too

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cant we Altimas just get alongs!?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts